How do I take my PowerBook apart?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by manservanthecub, Oct 28, 2005.

1. manservanthecub macrumors newbie

I am a total idiot. I put a mini CD in my PowerBook G4 Aluminum and it wont come out. Duh! Well, now I need to take the thing apart to get to the CD drive. I don't want to just start pulling on stuff so I wanted to find a manual online that would show me the proper assembly procedures. Can one of you point me in the right direction?

Any other advice you might have to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

John

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

might want to take it to a genius at an Apple store if you can, before you start taking it apart, if you take it apart under warranty i think it becomes void.

but check out www.pbfixit.com for the best guides and disassembly

3. manservanthecub thread starter macrumors newbie

Just what I needed. Thank you!

John

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, that link that PlaceofDis provided is a good one. And keep in mind that as he also mentioned, if you do anything to your PowerBook while it is under warranty, that voids it - some people don't realize this, so it can;t be stressed enough. To some people, it doesn't matter, to others, it does... ;)

5. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

First you get a big rock....:p

Do you have Apple Care or is that covered in the normal warranty?

6. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

one more vote for pbfixit. they have awesome instructions. but you should get it checked by the apple store first

edit: w00t!! i'm now a 6502