How do I transfer my contacts from Touch to Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tedapple, Oct 26, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2009
    I recently brought an Ipod Touch. I've been using it regularly in network gatherings and have stored a lot of contacts in my Contacts Apps (in Ipod Touch) and also stored a lot of Calendar Events in my Ipod Touch, and also added a lot of notes. How do I sync those information back to my Macbook Pro?

I would like my Macbook Pro to have all the information stored in there too.
  2. macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Jan 17, 2008
    With my iPhone, I connected to iTunes, clicked on the 'Info' tab and selected 'Sync Contacts', 'Sync Calendars', etc, then hit 'Sync', it would ask if I wanted to merge my contacts with Address Book and my calendars with iCal. Selecting Merge would copy all the info from my iPhone to the MacBook Pro.

Considering they run the same OS, I don't see why the same wouldn't occur with the iPod touch.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2009
    Thanks for the reply

Thanks I just tried that. I noticed where my problem was. The contacts were syncing into the main folder of the contacts apps in my macbook pro. The question is can I sync it to a proprietary Ipod Touch folder?

Secondly, what about Notes?

Thanks Ivan.