How do I transfer photos from iPhone photo library?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by calumca, Nov 20, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I had my iPhoto library and Time Machine Backup on an external drive on my Mac Mini - not a clever strategy I know! I recently synced my photo library successfully with my iPhone 5 but now the external drive has died and my most recent backup (on another external drive) is 5 months old. Can anyone advise what is the simplest/quickest method of transferring these photos back from my iPhone photo library whilst ideally maintaining the 'events' folder type structure?

2. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for comment re using Preview, however this only appears to allow copying photos that were taken with the iPhone (Camera roll pre iPhone 5) - what I need to copy are photos that are in the photo library library on the iPhone photo library that was created when I synced with the iPhoto library on the Mac.

Or am I missing something?

4. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

I believe this will allow you to copy over any photos on the iPhone.

5. macrumors 68000

aross99

Keep in mind that the images on your iPhone are downsized if they came from a real camera originally. These images will not be the same resolution as the originals.

It will be better than nothing though, if your external hard drive is dead...

6. macrumors newbie

PhotoSync is the way to go. It was recommended to me by members of this site ages ago.

Really is good.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Photosync worked a treat and also preserved my folder (events) structure - thank you!!