How do I turn off iTunes?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by majordude, Oct 12, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

majordude

This is starting to drive me nuts. How do I stop iTunes from loading every time I plug my iPhone in (just to charge it)?!

2. macrumors 6502

I think its something like uncheck sync auto or itunes helper dont remember, its been soooo long since i played with a iphone.

3. macrumors 6502

If you go Preferences-> Devices-> and check "Disable automatic syncing of iphones and ipods" it may do the trick, but I don't know.

I find that I either plug the thing in and leave it, in which it really doesn't matter if itunes launches, or if I am sitting at my computer, in which case I probably already have itunes open.

4. macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Just uncheck "Open iTunes when this iPod is connected" in the device summery page.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Maybe.

Attached Files:

6. Eso
    macrumors 68000

Eso

Start > Run > regedit

Edit > Find... > "RunOnce" > uncheck all options except for "keys"

When it finds it, choose the key right above RunOnce which is called "Run". That is a list of all the programs that run when windows starts. Find "iTunesHelper" in the right hand pane and delete the entry entirely. That's all there is to it.

7. macrumors 6502a

Uncheck "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected," in the device summary page.

Attached Files: