iPod Touch how do i un jailbreak my ipod touch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by syedi001, Jul 29, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 29, 2011
    i have no information about apple products.. gave my ipod to my cousin who jailbroke it! wana redo it.. my itunes was uninstalled from pc so have to install a new one and sync my ipod with it , actually all the stuf includin the files used for jailbreaking got deleted :(, will it affect the process any way!! btw i dnt kno abt firmware etc etc!!! pleeeezz helpp!
  2. macrumors 65816

Jan 24, 2011
    Canada, Eh?
    Just press Restore on iTunes. Everything will be deleted off the iPod. EVERYTHING. And iTunes will download a fresh new firmware for you and install it for you. Its like starting fresh.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2011
    Install iTunes, plug in the iPod and then click restore. As said above, it'll clear everything of the device and do a fresh install of the latest software so be sure to back up your apps. When the restore is done, it will ask you if you want to set up as a new iPod or to restore from backup. Choose restore as new, then sync all your apps back.
  4. macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2011
    As well, if the firmware is not up to date, it is going to auto-update to iOS 4.3.5, which will download and install....

By the time it will finish install iOS 4.3.5, you could set it up as a new iPod Touch or restore from backup....