How do I update the .Mac icon in System Preferences to MobileMe?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by Tsurisuto, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I thought it would happen via a software update, but nothing has come through as of yet.

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The software update should have done it. It did for me.

Attached Files:

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

There's been no software update for me to download. It says that all my software is up to date. :(

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Ahh, that explains it. The update hasn't been "officially" released yet. A few posted links to it and people downloaded and installed it early. But you're not missing anything. They're still having severe problems with the service, so you're better off waiting till they have it up and running and Software Update finds it. For the most part, it's not working yet.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

The funny thing is that the MobileMe site does not entirely work with Safari 4.

6. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't work, no matter which browser you're using.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

It's working fine for me with FireFox 3. I haven't had one problem since this morning.

8. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

But you haven't installed MobileMe.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Either you're confused or I am?

The software update is only to change the .Mac icon in system preferences and change a few settings in Mail, isn't it?

MobileMe is a website, I'm accessing through me.com (which works fine with FireFox, but not with Safari 4).

10. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I believe there's a lot more to it than that, or they wouldn't be having so many problems with it. Here's a thread that most are posting in regarding this issue.

11. macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

The icon is cute, but I hope they don't move too much in that direction. It's a terrible design decision to have everything as rounded off squares...

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

It's now 12.45pm on Friday here in the UK. Where is my 2.0 iPhone software?!

13. macrumors regular

Sorry if it's been mentioned already (there are so many different threads already on MobileMe), but I downloaded the pkg that was found from the XML file, or whatever, and there are still a few references to .mac around, in iPhoto for example. Anyone else notice?

14. macrumors 6502

erikistired

safari 4 hasn't been officially released yet, so i'm sure apple is focusing on existing browsers first (safari 3, firefox 3, intern...wait not that one).

15. macrumors newbie

Still No Me

I'm still not getting the Mobile Me update. Mine still says .Mac, Software Update says I'm all up to date, and Mobile Me seems to be working fine. Just a bit odd ... anyone else or just "me" (no pun intended)?

16. macrumors newbie

I'm in the exact same situation. After waiting in live for 2 hours this morning and not getting an iPhone, I just want everything on my old phone to be working right. So far everything else appears to be working well.

17. macrumors 6502

Running 10.4.11 here, and have .Mac in System Preferences. Looking forward to MobileMe. I can authenticate to .Mac using my new MobileMe account, but I can't do anything -- no syncing, nothing. This is a bummer.

-Chris

18. macrumors regular

I take it Tiger users wont get this update??

19. macrumors 6502

update not showing up for me either...

on the other hand, i can finally log in to mobile me, but it's still very slow.

20. macrumors 6502a

tallyho

yep me too. I'm sure they'll push out the rest of the updates in the next day or so.

21. macrumors newbie

Mobile Me working for me but my Calendar is all screwed up. The times have all changed all over the place. I checked my settings and it is set to the correct time zone.

Weird.

22. macrumors 6502a

I hope so. I still can't get my .mac in system preferences to change to mobile me....

23. macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

whats weird for me is that my desktop got the mobile me update and my macbook didn't. Kinda odd

24. macrumors newbie

time issue

it was bizarre that at 9:55 today (friday) and the time on my iphone was 13:29 hrs! I felt like I jumped in time. some minutes later the normal time was restored... uuhhmm

25. macrumors regular

No mobileme settings or icons here. No updates available and still showing 5gb for mail and 5gb for idisk. Bizarre :confused: