How Do I Use Azureus & Transmission

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ash31, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ash31 macrumors newbie

Feb 26, 2007

I'm very green on the hole torrent thing.

So I've finally got Azureus and Transmission opened with the help of the members from this forum.

But now I don't know how to use them I've opened both and Azureus seems the more impressive of the two but I don't know how to do a search in ether.

With Transmission I can't even find the search button or field. And with Azureus, what ever I do a search on it goes looking for in my Hard drive.... What am I doing wrong?

I'm sure some people are probably getting a good laugh out of this but, I just don't seem to see what I'm doing wrong???

Thank you for reading this.
  2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Just to let you know you are not likely to get much of a response on a subject like this around here. Hence no interest so far.

Try googling 'torrents' and read up on how they work. Its not like using Gnutella et al.
  3. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2004
    Communard de Londres
    You need to get the torrent file (small) then open that in Azureus it will then download the complete file.Here is a legal site you can down load the legal torrent files from:

The rest is up to you.
  4. whooleytoo macrumors 603

Aug 2, 2002
    Cork, Ireland.
    There are several specialized sites that list torrent file downloads. Once you've downloaded the .torrent file with your browser, open it with your Torrent client of choice. It'll begin downloading the actual data file, while at the same time uploading the pieces of it you have to any other clients.

Most hosts will specify a minimum upload/download ratio - you can't just download what you like unless you leave others download it from your machine.