Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
I must be a moron, because I went to Sys Prefs, turned on full keyboard access, but can't figure out how to use it. For example, under the Keyboard Shortcuts menu, it says "Focus on Menu" is "^F2". How exactly would you use that? I tried every key combination I could think of, including the "^", ctrl, opt, fn, cmd, while holding down F2. And I couldn't figure out how to change the shortcut either. Please help!

P.S. I'm using 10.3.3 on a 12" PB

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
Since you're on a PB, it is a little different. In order to make the Function keys F1-F10 act as a function key rather than their normal function (like brightness, volume, etc), hold Fn while doing the command.

So, ^F2 is normally CTRL-F2. On a PB, it's Fn-CTRL-F2.

You can change the default (brightness, volume, etc) versus custom (F1, F2, F3) actions in Keyboard preferences.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
tomf87 said:
So, ^F2 is normally CTRL-F2. On a PB, it's Fn-CTRL-F2.

Aha! Thanks.

Also, I finally realized that you have to double-click in the right spot to change the shortcut, I was just trying to click anywhere in the row that was selected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.