How Do I Use OfflineRT?????

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by marioman38, Nov 14, 2006.

1. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Hey, if I Capture, and maybe do a little minor editing of video on my friends Dual G5, how would i export it to a PB using OfflineRT??

When Im done editing the offline file, how do i synchronize it with the Online file?

What if the file is edited further on the G5, before the PB editing is Sync'd???

Much Appreciated! THANKS!!

2. Garden Knowm macrumors 6502

I amnot sure exactly what you are trying to do... But, it "sounds" like you want to use the media manager under the FILE drop down... choose media manager and you can duplicate the project..

within the media manager there are many options that will help you transfer the project... with either all the footage... just the footage in the sequence (used footage) and you can even change the footage to low res.. thus taking 1/5 th less hard drive space...

cheers

LOVE IS doing without expectation

3. marioman38 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Ya, thanks, thats pretty much what i'm getting at.

So, when i get it to the powerbook, and edit the OfflineRT File, how do I apply those changes/edits/effects to the Online (Full DV) Media on the G5???

THANKS EVERYONE!!

4. Garden Knowm macrumors 6502

Hi Marioman

I think... if I understand you correctly, you will use the media manager AGAIN... and make a "copy high res" (new) project file... then you will bring that project file into your G5... you will either "reconnect media" or have to re"capture" the footage....

Footage canbe transformed from HIGH RES to LOW RES.. but NOT from LOW RES to HIGH RES.. therefor, once you make your footage low res, you will need to recapture it at high res before you out put..

??? did that help

love

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

As long as you don't add any new media onto the laptop that's not on the tower then all you should need to do is copy the new project file from the laptop onto the tower and open it up. None of your render files will be there, but the project should open up fine and all you'll need to do is reconnect the media (unless the file path name on the tower and laptop is exactly the same). Just make sure when you initially go from the tower to the laptop that you select "base names on existing files names" or something like that in the media manager. Don't base it on clip names.

I work at a place where all of our storage is on an Xsan and we (all the editors) swap project files back and forth all the time. As long as you don't change the file name (what it's called in Finder) you'll be okay.

Lethal