how do u get games on the ipod??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by a.h, Sep 12, 2006.

1. a.h macrumors newbie

i have a 30gb ipod that allows video playback..and i have the latest software...i bought the games but when i update the ipod, the games arent going onto it...help!

also, the dvd ripping thing, is there any software that works for windows?

2. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Go to iPod Summary, choose Games and choose to sync with all games. Then restart iTunes. It should then ask you to authorize this game to work on your iPod.

3. AcetoneCM macrumors newbie

Similar problem

Got a 5gen iPod. I authorized the game to play, but i cannot check the sync games button in the summary. It says I need a software update to play the games, but my iPod has the latest software. v1.1.2. The iPod summary thing even says that my software is up-to-date. This is kinda annoying. I wanted to play tetris.

4. andysmith macrumors 6502

Try quitting iTunes and re-opening. It should see the software update - I had the same problem.

5. Sobering macrumors regular

6. a.h thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried that whole process and its still not working, i even restarted the comp, its still saying i am not authorized to have this on my comp...i have a pc btw, not a mac

also, how can u tell if its a 5th gen ipod?

7. rockandrule macrumors 6502

It should look EXACTLY like those on Apple's site. It's just the iPod with video playback, so you could just go to the main menu and see if it says "movies"

8. AcetoneCM macrumors newbie

Nada

Yeah, nothing happened. Restarted and the whole shabang. I'm going to try re-installing iTunes and hope for the best, and if that doesnt work then i will revert my iPod

9. AcetoneCM macrumors newbie

It worked

Well i reinstalled iTunes and it worked this time. Horay.

10. a.h thread starter macrumors newbie

i just installed the new itunes and still nothing...and i have a 5th gen ipod...wht is wrong with this thing???

11. tikistyle macrumors newbie

the latest iPod version is 1.20 -- go online and make sure you're up to date.

12. calculus Guest

calculus

I also had the 'not authorised' thing. I just authorised it again and all is well.