How do y'all fight acne?

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Feb 13, 2003.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

What cremes, methods, etc. do y'all use to get
    rid of acne/pimples/zits/etc.?

I am 15 and we all know how teens go through
    the breakout phase. Well, I am going through
    mine and I have controlled it amazingly well by
    washing me face with facial soap and warm
    water, as well as using clearasil facial creme.

What do y'all use?

2. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: How do y'all fight acne?

i stayed in my house, learned to play bass, started a band and only played shows in dark places.

then i got old and the acne said tot ziens.

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I used to use Stridex pads...they helped keep dirt and oil down...

That's about it. :)

4. Kid Red macrumors 65816

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Keep an eye on what kind of soaps you use. I had to change the soap because the one I used stripped all the oils from my face. Also some soaps just make me break out. I currently use Jergens Mild I don't know if it's available where you are.

Also acne is a kind of infection so treat it as one. If you have opened up the pimple treat it with some Neosporin it will help kill the infection.

Also wash your face a couple times a day with hot water, no soap. This will cause your face to perspire and naturally push the dirt out of the pores. If you use soap too many time over the day it will dry out the skin and strip away the natural protection your face has to dirt and infection.

6. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

One thing to do to stop acne is to stop masturbating so much. This will help with the hairy palms and blindness issue as well.

7. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

My doctor told me to put an raw egg yolk on my face every night for 30 days to get rid of it, then once a month every month there after. Seemed stupid at first, but then I actually started doing it, and it worked just as he said it would. I have since stopped, and it came back.

'Twas a good idea, especially if your skin reacts to everything it touches, like mine does.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I remember going to the Dermatologist as a teenager to have my blackheads removed.

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

no wonder i've become a veritable wolfman... without the keen eyesight...

10. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I used to use that proactive stuff that has infomercials on tv. But for the price of it and having to go through the mail it was really worth it to me. So I went to the dermatologist and now I used differin gel everynight and take antibiotic pills twice a day and it works great. The pills are really cheap but depending on your insurance the cream could be as much as $70.

I also stopped drinking pop since I started colllege in August. Don't know if that had an affect but it might have.

11. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

the only thing that worked 4 me was accutane (isotrentrin).

completely solved the problem. i guess it wore off after a few months because i'm right back to the same place again. i'm gonna have to get me some more of that.

external solutions didn't work 4 me, only internal solutions

12. noht* macrumors member

amen brother.
    isotretinoin for president!

13. vniow macrumors G4

Don't use makeup, it just makes it worse, ugh.

14. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Rub the purest cocaine you can find into your skin at least once per week. You'll be amazed at the results.

15. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

If you didn't know, that was a joke! Just in case...

16. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

Have sex with a lot of girls and wear a paperbag over your head while doing this. Have fun.

17. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Arnica is one of the main ingredients in many acne fighting products
    right? Well, I have arnica gel for my knee (which gets sore because
    my foot bones are messed up and blah blah blag) I wonder what
    would happen if I put it on my face... ;) :p :D

18. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I'm not gunna do that btw. The gel is for relieving pain and for
    bruises and such. ;) :p

19. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Listen to meee!!!

Wash your face 3000 time a day.

My older brother had acne and he got the scars, I got acne until a doctor told me to was my face 3000 times a day, every time I crossed the bathroom go and wash my face with any soap.

1. Just keep your face clean at all times, you can use any product but you have to keep your face clean any way.

2. Do work outs, do excersice that makes you sweat a lot, that cleans your sking under and burn calories. As soon you sweat wash your face.

3. If you eat pizza and those things you really have to workout, arobic stuff only.

The reason of that is to keep your blood stream running and burning calories, when you work out (rolerblading is good) the blood presure in your boddy takes all the oil and fat from the vains and burn the calories. That is crissioal eliminating acne. You won't find foot ball player with acne, never as much as some one sitting in his computer or watching tv all day long.

That is my advice, I have no acne, I do not have scares and my brother does :rolleyes:

BTW, with only excersice in weekends would do. If you start today you will see the effects in a month and they will stay like that for another 3 weeks befor the signs of acne starts again.

The washing in the face is every time, even at school, wash your face even with water and when you dry up your face you have to do it very hard agains your skin, very hard to take the excess of skin off. It have to feel flat, clean, no hairs even, take off the first milimiter of your skin, that good you have to was your face, not like the girls do it on tv.

20. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Um we don't all take after you. ;)

Luckily I don't have such bad acne but I get some here and there I got a prescription (sp badly)
    Well My product is: 'Clindamycin phosphate topical solution' they are wipes.

And: (depending on amount and strength) Clean & Clear Acne paste. That is good.

Oh yeah a needle, I get them before I see them. :rolleyes:

Sure there are some side effects but getting a clear face is always good.

21. janey macrumors 603

janey

a needle? umm okay.
    Mine just come and go and i don't use any makeup or anything special or out of the ordinary.
    My main problem is [extreme] dryness of the skin due to chemo.

22. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i dont really have bad acne, but apparently the doctor wants to stop it before it becomes a serious problem, so i'm using benzaclin, a prescription gel stuff, which seems to be working pretty well, my face seems clearer than it was before.

23. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Don't use such stong medications. :)

24. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

But with the damp nether regions! After you pee yourself, and the presidential debate is underway and your opponent (the poor sod) says something that really peeves you, you can break out a la Teen Wolf and start breaking stuff. ... and pissing uncontrollably in every direction! You will make history! And you will make a fine soaked president, until I begin the coup... oops