How do you control Spaces with the trackpad?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Boesky, Nov 3, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Is there a way to navigate through Spaces using the trackpad, instead of having to click on the applications?

2. macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I use a hot corner (upper-left, in my case) to bring up Spaces. Once in Spaces, you can click on any Space or Window to switch Space.

3. macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I really wish I could 4-finger swipe for spaces, but that gesture isn't customizable...at least not that I'm aware of. I'd be delighted to be wrong about this.

4. macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I use command (or control) and the arrow keys to move between spaces. (I've remapped my keys so I don't know which is which). It's not the trackpad but it is easy...

5. macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I agree sooo much. I would never use the 3-finger gestures and I wish I could assign them to something more useful to me.

6. macrumors newbie

Yes, there is a way to control spaces. First like others have said set spaces for an active screen corner. When you go into the spaces overview you can use two fingers to navigate the different spaces, then just click using one finger and there you go!

7. macrumors member

JarredWagner

8. macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

You could try MultiClutch, which allows you to bind certain actions to certain multi-touch movements on the trackpad.

I use it in firefox, and it works like a charm. I also have "three finger swipe to the left" set to pull up spaces.

Boosh!

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

10. macrumors regular

Why are you bumping this? You have some very good advice listed above.

11. macrumors regular

Jitouch is probably what your looking for. Can change spaces via the trackpad and much more.

12. macrumors 601

talmy

While everybody's at it, check out BetterTouchTool -- good for touchpad as well as Magic Mouse. Better Touch Tool