How do you create title screens on FCP 4.5???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superspiffy, Mar 8, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

How do you create title screens on FCP 4.5???

Obviously, I've never used FCP before but have always used Premiere Pro. In Premiere, you go to File, click on New, and choose Create Matte. A white clip would appear and you just type the text anywhere in it. But I'm doing a project on a Mac at school and everything is different. I'm disappointed because I've heard so many good things about FCP and I was planning on purchasing a Mac so I can switch over to FCP. I think it's laughable that I can't even figure out how to create title screens and I've no idea why this is so hard to figure out. I've tried looking this up, but the web, is surprisingly silent about this. Thus I turn to this forum...

2. LBmtb macrumors newbie

If you're expecting and wanting a easy quick movie/project just use iMovie. FCP is a pro app and as such is a lot more complex and powerful. This is why they come with tutorial DVD's, btw. Although since you're on a school computer I'm pretty sure you don't have access to that.

I only have FC express but I'm sure this is the same - go to the browser window -> effects tab -> video generators -> text. If you want really professional looking titles and text effects use Livetype. It integrates into FC express/pro nicely.

3. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know that FCP "is a lot more complex and powerful," I'm coming out of Premiere Pro so obviously I want something more. Plus iMovie won't cut. I might as well use Windows Movie Maker.

Thanks I'll have to try that