Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikhiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
i have a iphone with filmware 1.0.2 and i instaled iradio...but i have 1 too many applications and instaler app dosnt show up..how do i delete an app cause i cant see my installer app3
:)
responses are appreciated
thanks in advance

ajl917

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Do you have dock or mobilefinder or xlaunch?

If not, you need a file browsing program to try to delete a useless app completely or you might be able to edit your M68AP.plist to show the installer icon again, but the easiest way would be dock, mobilefinder, or xlaunch...

sikhiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
how do you instal

how do you instal these without the installer app because i cant scroll down to get to it

gillilandboy

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis MO
You can SSH in to the iPhone and go to the Applications folder and find the program folder and delete it. Once you have done that restart your iPhone and it should be gone.

ajl917

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Unless you had OpenSSH installed in your installer folder, I think you are out of luck. If you have a file browsing system, go to System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and save your M68AP.plist. Upload it here and I can hopefully change the order your apps to show Installer...

OR

With your filebrowsing system, go to the Applications folder, make a new folder named XLaunch.app
Inside there, add the files below after you unzip the folder and highlight all of the files and set the permissions to 0755. Restart your phone, and hopefully it will install on your springboard and you can show/hide your icons till your fix your problem.

http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Applications/XLaunch/XLaunch-0.17.zip

Either way, just please install Dock

cdavi060

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
so yall are saying there is no way to just delete apps i dont want? a little more help explaining what to do would be great....

cdavi060

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
I've been uninstalling using the uninstall button in installer seems to work and is real easy

markdrinkard

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
It's Apple. It's not that complicated

I have an iPhone and was wondering how to delete some voice recording apps I had installed. I don't need them anymore since it is now part of the new 3.0 OS. I read the suggestions listed on this page and it sounded like Greek and it occurred to me that it is Apple we are talking about here. It's not a complicated Windows thing. I just opened iTunes plugged in my phone and unchecked the apps (on the Application Tab in iTunes) I wanted it to sync which were the 2 voice recording apps and bingo, they are no longer on my phone.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have an iPhone and was wondering how to delete some voice recording apps I had installed. I don't need them anymore since it is now part of the new 3.0 OS. I read the suggestions listed on this page and it sounded like Greek and it occurred to me that it is Apple we are talking about here. It's not a complicated Windows thing. I just opened iTunes plugged in my phone and unchecked the apps (on the Application Tab in iTunes) I wanted it to sync which were the 2 voice recording apps and bingo, they are no longer on my phone.

You just delete the app you dont want out of itunes in your app section and plug in your phone and when it tells you an app on your phone is not in your itunes you tell it to NOT transfer and it will deletet it from your phone.

Same thing if you download an app to your phone, with your phone. If you dont like it, plug your phone into itunes and it will say you have app(s) on your phone that isnt in itunes and will ask if you want to transfer. Click dont transfer and it will delete it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.