How do you exit a game/website on ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amandax25, Feb 21, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Is there a way to exit a game/website on the ipod touch completely? or is it just the home button.

I usually click the homebutton to exit the game. Is the home button the only way you can exit a game/website completely?

2. macrumors 601

yes, home button only.

3. Guest

spinnerlys

Yes, the home button is the only way. Why should there be more than one, especially if it is that simple?

Webpages can be quit via the tab view in Safari.

4. macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

To get rid of that page you could open a new, blank, page, and close the other one. To force close a page (which I think stops it from running in the background until it is started) you can hold the home button until it closes. Why? Are you not wanting to use the home button, or are you just interested? If you're jailbroken there is another way.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

im just interested to see is there any other ways

6. macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

In theory you could open so many browser windows that your device will run out of memory and crash Safari, but that seems kind of...inefficient.

And if you jailbreak, there is a plugin for SBSettings that simulates the home button.

7. macrumors regular

Excuse me for pointing this out, but this seems like a really ... ... ... nevermind.

8. macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

We know. :)