How do you get dressed?

Discussion in 'Community' started by beez7777, Feb 9, 2003.

1. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

Do you normally put your shirt on before your pants? Left or right leg first? Socks before your pants or after? Ever seriously injured yourself while getting dressed? Do you even wear clothes?

Personally, i usually always, when wearing normal clothes (i go to catholic school with a dress code) put my socks on before my pants, and then my shirt and almost always my hat.
    But for school it goes socks->shirt->pants->tie->jacket. I usually put my left leg in my pants first, and i'm a righty (wonder if there's a relation). I've never hurt myslef while getting dressed, but i'm sure there are a few funny stories around here waiting to be told...

2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

underwear - shirt - pants - socks - shoes

I put my left leg into my pants first. Never injured myself, but have occasionally lost my balance while putting on my pants.

4. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

Underwear -> pants -> shirt -> socks -> shoes.

I guess that would be the typical order. However, this morning I remember it went underwear -> socks -> shirt/top -> pants -> shoes. So ya never know! :)

Like wdlove, I too, usually place my left leg into my pants first... and have, on occasions, lost my balance (but never actually fallen over).

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

my ordinary day:
    pants-socks-shirt-shoes-run to car then run back-get glasses-backpack w/laptop-keys-cell phone, half drag along charger-jacket.
    Usually left first for everything.

Yesterday however, it was:
    pants-shirt-socks-shoes-glasses-run to car then back again-laptop (no case)-snowboard-keys.

Then I wondered why I had my laptop and my snowboard and no cell phone and why I was even out the door at 6am when I was planning on sleeping till 9. So I dropped everything and went to starbucks.

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Exactally.

What is with this clothes? i don't get the concept. I mean, something to put on your body for what purpose?

None.

When I need to (stupid laws) It is underware->boxers->pants (left leg first)->Shirt (top 2 up buttons, then button up from bottom)->sneakers.

Oh yeah.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

"I put my pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of you. Except, when my pants are on, I make gold records."

- Christopher Walken, record producer skit on Saturday Night Live, April 8, 2000

8. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

boxers-> net/im -> socks -> net/im -> pants (left leg first) -> net/im -> shirt and sweat shirt -> net/im -> glasses/ watch -> eat -> throw wallet in pocket, throw laptop in back pack (for tech crew for the play) -> run after the bus

the only time i was injured was when i was trying to cut my fingernales with a knife and slpiied and sliced my finger really bad

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

boxers -> pants/shorts -> t-shirt -> socks -> shoes -> jackets/sweaters/etc.

10. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

for those of you who do something like: Pants -> shirt -> shoes, etc. Do you just not wear underwear, or what? Must be that new commando fad...

11. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

How about to keep from all the hot babes from swarming you because they saw your ripped muscles?:D

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

wrong, clothes are worn by the masses so celebrities can get
    more attention by not wearing them. :rolleyes: ;) :D

13. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I have two methods of getting dressed.

First is my normal method.. that involves me sleeping in my clothes and waking up 10minutes before class starts.. and running out the door.

My second method goes:
    underwear > undershirt > pants > socks> contact lenses> dress shirt (tuck)> belt > boots > watch/ring > coat > where's my cell phone? leatherman? smokes and matches? keys? shades? and as soon as I've locked the door behind me and I start to step off the front porch 'Do I have my wallet?'

I always have to turn around and unlock the door for something, normally its the sunglasses though. :cool:

14. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    what about those of us who work from home who just roll out of bed and stay in their flannel jammies all day....

so i guess i get dressed..left slipper, right slipper...all done.

grab some coffee, do the " calvin and hobbes" dance with my daughter until my wife makes us turn the music down and then out the back door to the studio.

earlier this week i met some clients for lunch at a rather nice restaurant and didn't realize i still had my house slippers on until the valet opened my car door...oh well, just reinforcing those california stereotypes...;)

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Celebrities put their clothes on the same way we do, no difference!

16. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I know from experience that is simply not true.
    Do you have a personal shopper?
    Do you have a publicist to acquire designer clothes free?
    Do you have an assistant pull outfits for you?
    Do you have a valet?
    I thought not.

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

They still put one foot into the underwear and then the pants the same as we do each day. They can only wear one set of clothing at a time.

18. beez7777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

beez7777

maybe some celebrities have some sort of harness device that elevates them so as to allow them to put both legs in their pants at the same time, or maybe they do it while jumping on a trampoline, or in zero gravity. As to only wearing one set of clothing at a time... what if they live some place where it's really cold? i know i almost always wear more than one layer when it snows out. :)

19. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

The best part about being famous.. would be that famous people are typically rich. which means you could afford new pants all the time. which means you wouldnt have to waste precious time with silly things like going to the bathroom, or 'wiping', or 'being sanitary'. You could just crap yourself, and then change and shower at the end of the day.

20. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ok...

I've watched this thread long enough...and since many of u have put up with the poop thread...I'll contribute here :D

the way I get dressed...

usually my underwear first...followed by socks...so yes...I look like a paw paw...heh....

then my pants...shoes....then my shirt...

wow...I didn't realize that there was a method to my dressing situation each day...heh...

so maybe we should create a "how do u cleanse yourself" thread? ;)

21. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Boxers -> pants -> Shirt -> socks -> shoes -> watch -> glasses.

Now I can say I have posted on the dumbest thread yet.....

but I did post on it.....

what does that say of me....

ARRGGHHHH...

22. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Re: ok...

That sounds like a great idea :D ;) :p :D

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My eyesight is so poor that I put my glasses on right after washing my face.