How do you print your photos?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by javabear90, Aug 4, 2006.

1. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

I have been wondering what other photographers do for printing. Do you have your own printer, do you have a commercial printing service, or do you do something different all together.
    I have a Cannon i9900, however I don't use it much because I think the prints are bad. I have signed up with a commercial printing service and the quality is much better, it is cheaper, and the color is spot on every time. The only issue is, it takes a day or two for the prints to get here.

It seems that as the world gets more and more high tech, the need for printing seems to have gone down. However, it seems that most professional photographers still sell prints almost exclusively and never sell the original digital files.

-Ted

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I use my epson r1800 for random jobs and i outsource the rest. ;)

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I crop mine down in iPhoto burn them to CD and have them printed at the local photo store.

49c a print for 5x7 is not too shabby at all, 4x6 is just too small to really do them justice.

4. Gamey macrumors member

I use an Epson 2400 for the small stuff and an Epson 7800 for the big stuff. All my customers like the results and all come back for more.

5. beavo451 macrumors 6502

White House Custom Colour www.whcc.com
    Almost always on metallic paper

6. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I just ordered the Epson R2400 and will be using that as my main photo printer...

7. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I use my printer at home for some smaller things, or for pictures that don't need to look insanely great. Sometimes I use Costco for film and digital since they're cheap and do a fairly decent job. Otherwise, if it's something fancy I get it printed at more professional place.

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Normally Costco/Sam's, especially since they are really affordable. Every once in a while, iPhoto direct turns out to be cheaper - when it does, I just order that way.