How do you remove .DMG filenames from Disk Utility window?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lincoln 6 Echo, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

I burned a .dmg with Disk Utility and now whenever I go back to Disk Utility I see that .dmg filename listed to the left of the window in Disk Utility. I would like to keep the Disk Utility interface 'clean' with no clutter of old files that I'm done working with. Does DU have to keep a list of all .dmg's used?

How can I clear this list of old .dmgs? :confused:

Don't know if this is useful. At the bottom of the window it says:
    Connection Bus: Disk Image
    Disk Write Status: Not mounted

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

if you have the DMG on your computer still of course disk utility is going to list it.

if you still don't have it on your computer anywhere then its a screw up and try restarting or permissions

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I normally just drag them out of the sidebar in Disk Utility.

4. Lincoln 6 Echo thread starter macrumors member

Bingo! That did it. Kinda weird that it's not listed in any of the DU dropdown menus or that it's not a listed option when you right click, AND when you drag it to the trash the trash 'hilights' but nothing happens when you 'trash it.'

LOL, I was a bit surprised at how big the 'poof-of-dust' animation was for that :eek:

Thanks for the assist, though!!

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yeah, I had the same problem. I had to burn some images and they were there long after. I just dragged it out and POOF. No documentation there other than trial and error.