How do you shoot video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Titus, Nov 15, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I've had a high-end Canon camcorder for 5 years and a flip video. The Canon had been repaired once, then broke again so I sold it on e-bay. The flip video is no longer supported so it's useless to me.

I have a Canon EOS Xti that I use for photography but it's not suitable for video.

I'm looking for something easy that I can use with iMovie and easily upload clips to Youtube and FB. I really don't want to replace my Xti because the card/batteries are different and it'll be too expensive.

I looked at some inexpensive (under $300) camcorders in Best Buy and they have WiFi and 40x optical zoon with image stability.

Any suggestions?

2. macrumors G3

puckhead193

any canon vixia has my vote. some are better then others but overall the vixia lineup from canon is pretty good.

3. macrumors 6502a

Buy a cheap Sony that will go with iMovie. That is if you are looking for something basic.
    ;)

4. thread starter macrumors member

I'm really a Canon person but the JVC (not at all fond of the brand) had some Wifis for under $300...all high def....all easily integrated with iMovie.

I also looked at some Sony products. Just not sure. I guess I just need to do more research.

5. macrumors 6502a

One can only advice. I always say go with your instincts. For those who hum and Ha are lost. You know what you like? So go and have a look and good Luck.:apple:

6. thread starter macrumors member

Good point :)

7. macrumors 6502

Quotenfrau

just use iPhone