How Do You Transfer iTunes from pc to iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Amblinman, Dec 10, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Hey all

I will be joining the ranks of Mac owners in a few weeks for the first time, and I'm beyond excited. However, I've been trying to research the easiest way to transfer all of my iTunes content from my pc to my iMac and I haven't found precisely what I'm looking for. Is that because there is no one easy method to do this?

I'd rather not have to drag the pc and the new Mac into an Apple store and have a Genius do it, so any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

2. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I purchased an external hard drive, backed up my iTunes library to that and when I got my iMac, hooked it up and loaded it on to it.

3. mzd
    macrumors 6502a

lots of ways to do it.
    does your pc have an ethernet port? if so, just plug an ethernet cable into both computers and you can copy it that way.
    you can use an iPod as an external drive, if you have one.
    apple help doc:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

4. macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I am also a new switcher. This article helped me a lot in migrating all of my music from my Windows machine to my new MacBook. Also, the method they give also keeps all of your play counts, ratings, and all other song data intact when transferring your songs from your PC to your Mac.

Hope that helps!

5. macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I just make a backup CD or DVD and then I copy/paste all my stuff in Windows.

6. macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I did the exact same thing.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys. It sounds like an ethernet cable will be the most painless way to go.