How do you upload pictures taken from the iPhone to the computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sumtime19, Aug 3, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I would like to take pictures of items I'm selling on ebay with my phone, how would I do this?

2. macrumors 6502

Take the pictures with the phone and then connect it to your computer. Your computer should recognize the phone as a camera and prompt you to select a photo program if you're using Windows or iPhoto if you're using a Mac. Cheers.

3. macrumors 6502a

Another thing is to simply email it to yourself.

4. macrumors 68000

aross99

E-mailing photos gives you only smaller low-res copies of the image. You also have to e-mail one at a time. It is better to pull them directly from the computer.

If you have a Mac, they load right into iPhoto. Not sure if you have a Windows PC. I assume it shows up like any other Camera would...

I use my iPhone's camera much more than I ever used any Cell Phone camera, just because it is so easy to pull the images into iPhoto...

5. macrumors 6502a

I didn't realize that it lowered the resolution for email. I haven't used the camera much myself as its no comparison to my DSLRs.

I just checked, and yes you are correct it shows up like a standard digital camera would with a DCIM folder in Windows.

6. macrumors newbie

Cannot upload photos from iPhone

When I plug my iPhone into my MacBook, it automatically syncs. However, it never uploads the photos from the camera to iPhoto. Can anyone help me do this???

7. macrumors P6

dukebound85

do you open iphoto?

opne iphoto then import the pictures

8. macrumors member

Picasa!

9. macrumors newbie

It worked! Thanks!!!