Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

destroyboredom

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2002
Washington, DC.
I would go for it. I use it to sync with my phone and bought sailing clicker. I plan on getting a headset soon, and my next printer will have it as well. It's almost one of those things you have to experience/have to understand/appreciate.

I've had it for a few months and just now linked it to my address book to send SMS...very cool. :cool:

Euthyphro

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2004
For those that use the bluetooh keyboard/mouse; can it be used with (toggle between) multiple machines (to replace previous serial connector switches)? That would be useful!

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
I'll be using it once I get a cell phone that has Bluetooth, otherwise I don't use it since my mouse is wireless USB, and my printer isn't Bluetooth either. Oh well, I think it will keep growing a user base though, maybe we can have a Bluetooth iPod one of these days :D (but only if it can work at the same speeds as Firewire!)

Jalexster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2004
You'll want Wireless Firewire for the iPod (or FireWireless as I once heard it called).

Last time I heard, FireWireless was still in development, not sure if it still is.

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
I just bought the Sony Ericsson T610 (and got it for negative $125, woot! woot!) and am set up with T-mobile in the US. I'm pretty stoked on the phone itself, nice to set ring tones and photos to callers, but how much can I really do with bluetooth? I already got a USB bluetooth module and pulled photos and synched my address book...so now what? What are the really cutting edge uses for bluetooth? Caller ID on my laptop screen? Remote for my home stereo and TV/DVD (not just Salling Clicker to iTunes)? What else can I do? Can I take an MP3 and convert it to a ringtone?
Thanks to those in the know...I really want to get everything I can out of this phone.

yinyang

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2003
sunny brisbane
apple keyboard
macally mouse
siemens s55 mobile

they all work great and no wires!! :)

now wish i could get rid of all these usb cables to printer, scanner and iSub...! well i've got one cable to the hub, and need that airport express to rid myself of the 20m long ethernet cable!!

mangophreek

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
encro said:
Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop (Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse Meal Deal)

I thought that was PC only (according to the MS website). I'm buying the 17" powerbook for school and I have the USB explorer pro set for my iMac and was looking at the Explorer for Bluetooth but was disappointed.

So before I plunk down $120 Canadian for a mouse, it works with mac? I've been using the Intellimouse Explorer's since they first came out and I love them. But I'd go for an apple Bluetooth mouse over a corded one. Gotta wow everyone at University.

Edit: Forgot to say, I'm getting the Motorola V600 (unless I find a better/cheaper bluetooth phone) to use with the powerbook. Eventually I'll get a printer too, and mouse as I wrote above. I'll have to see about a keyboard after playing with the pbook for a while.

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
SPG said:
I just bought the Sony Ericsson T610 (and got it for negative $125, woot! woot!) and am set up with T-mobile in the US. I'm pretty stoked on the phone itself, nice to set ring tones and photos to callers, but how much can I really do with bluetooth? I already got a USB bluetooth module and pulled photos and synched my address book...so now what? What are the really cutting edge uses for bluetooth? Caller ID on my laptop screen? Remote for my home stereo and TV/DVD (not just Salling Clicker to iTunes)? What else can I do? Can I take an MP3 and convert it to a ringtone?
Thanks to those in the know...I really want to get everything I can out of this phone.

Salling Clicker lets you control iTunes and presentations from your phone. I use Bluetooth to get the pictures off my T610, sync address, calendar, tasks, put ringtones and pictures on the phone, and control applications.

nFinity

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2005
Before you go buy any wired headset, be sure to take note of one of the smaller new feature additions in the Tiger feature list (http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/newfeatures.html)

"Bluetooth Headset Support
Use your Bluetooth headset as an input and output device, enabling hands-free audio conferences in iChat AV and more."

Some of the best sounding features in Tiger are those that didn't make the headlines.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
remote presenter?

I was wondering if anyone used a remote presenter with a laser pointer that can be used for powerpoint presentations. I've been looking at the logitech however I'm not sure if it works or not. Any suggestions??? Are there any other products that you might suggest.

Nuc

Converted2Truth

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2004
Hell@HighAltitude
Nuc said:
I was wondering if anyone used a remote presenter with a laser pointer that can be used for powerpoint presentations. I've been looking at the logitech however I'm not sure if it works or not. Any suggestions??? Are there any other products that you might suggest.

Nuc
yeah, that doesn't work with the Mac. I've never seen Logitech make the mistake of failing to mention support for Mac. This is a windows only device. I'll do some researching and try to help you out.

As to the remark about tiger supporting bluetooth headsets: thanks for the heads up. I plan on upgrading. But i haven't decided on when just yet. I don't know if the newest version of skype is compatible with 10.4 and since i use it for a LAN phone, that's kinda important. :)

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Although I've only barely tested this on my dad's Powerbook and through online reading, iCal, Address Book, and file transfers work perfectly with my Nokia N-Gage QD through iSync. I only got the phone last week and I'll be ordering a Bluetooth module shortly.

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
I use Apples Bluetooth keyboard and a wireless mouse, there are no wires in front of my display, that's why I got it, no wires in front of the display. Behind my display is wired hell, if there were anymore wires back there I could not see out the window. 8 port wired hub 3 external hard disk and a burner, airport with external antenna, speakers, 2 printers not to mention that there are 2 other computers next to this one all hooked in, by guess what, WIRES. Forgot the iPod is also hooked in by wires. Add to this almost everything has a power adapter, hey more wires. three 6 port extension cords (switchable) that run all around the desk. I gave up trying to hide the wires a long time ago, now they just hang to the back and a little left behind the display. Blue lines, white lines clear lines black lines cream colored lines, well as I said, wired hell. Bluetooth or anything meaning wireless is nice.

Brian

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
nFinity said:
Before you go buy any wired headset, be sure to take note of one of the smaller new feature additions in the Tiger feature list (http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/newfeatures.html)

"Bluetooth Headset Support
Use your Bluetooth headset as an input and output device, enabling hands-free audio conferences in iChat AV and more."

Some of the best sounding features in Tiger are those that didn't make the headlines.

I just gotten the M2500 from Plantronics (got it with my S700I), but I can't use it in 10.3.9. So Tiger supports it, but is there a program/plugin that supports it now?? Also, I have an old dual 1.8 with a build in bluetooth module. I read somewhere that there is bluetooth 1 and 2, I think I have 1, does this makes a difference with a headset? Is the datatransfer of 1 adequit for a headset?

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
i use it to sync my phone and pb. i also keep the address book connected to it. i was wondering though - would it be possible to use my computer as the headset? i have the mic and speakers. as a weak second option, i could connect the headset to the pb - but that is only a little bit more useful than connecting it directly to the phone. anyway, anybody know of a way to connect them? i've been searching around the net for something, but all i get are suggestions on how to connect the headset for ichat purposes. i'm tempted to start a thread.... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.