Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
My parents hate it.

They think MR is a chat room. They're not at all computer savvy. They don't understand what a Forum is. Oh well.

they will take any excuse to get me off the computer. :(

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
husband doesn't mind at all. he knows his opinion of this site means almost nothing to me anyway. :p i learn a lot here and have fun, nothing wrong with that. he did once see me on here and said: "talking to your boyfriends?" and i rolled my eyes, grinned and said: "yes." :D

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
My parents hate it.

They think MR is a chat room. They're not at all computer savvy. They don't understand what a Forum is. Oh well.

they will take any excuse to get me off the computer. :(
My parents know nothing about computers. But my mom likes MacRumors. She thinks it's quite friendly and nice.:p (which it is)
but sorry about your parents.... that can suck. :(

MrTchMan

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2005
Utah
I visit a couple different boards. My girlfriend thinks I am a nerd because I participate in forum conversations. She thinks I am neglecting her. Who knows?;)

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
iBlue said:
husband doesn't mind at all. he knows his opinion of this site means almost nothing to me anyway. :p i learn a lot here and have fun, nothing wrong with that. he did once see me on here and said: "talking to your boyfriends?" and i rolled my eyes, grinned and said: "yes." :D

I won't speak for all the men here, because I know the vast majority of them would love nothing more than to be your boyfriend, but personally I feel violated ;).

e :D

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
scem0 said:
I won't speak for all the men here, because I know the vast majority of them would love nothing more than to be your boyfriend, but personally I feel violated ;).

e :D

smilie-naughty.gif
sorry 'bout that. :D oh how i wanted to say "girlfriend then?"so i white texted this. i mean it affectionately.

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
My parents are apathtetic, my cat likes all the lap time and when had a g/f my internet usage was almost nonexistent.

lanray said:
don't get much grief about spending time here, but my wife does think it's a bit odd. Of course, she collects baskets, which is also kind of odd. We're a good match.

haha, thats great.

adroit

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
Victoria, BC
devilot said:
Yeah, I feel like such an evil hypocrite because after being with him for almost four years, I'm pretty fed up with being called away from whatever I'm doing to see more pictures of engine bays where the only things I can effectively spot are: frontmount intercoolers, or a giant snail (a turbo). :eek: They all look the same to me! Tons of piping/tubing/hoses some with bright bold colors/black/ or chrome. And yet I don't hesitate to bore him w/ potential rumors of 'x' product. :p

I told him about this thread yesterday so he looked it up and laugh a lot. He asked me if I am fed up with his car stuff, I thought that was kindda cute. Anyhow, I said that I don't really care, as long as he doesn't complain about me showing him all the rumours products :D.

Anyhow, I still don't understand why a 15 years old car would need a $700 exhaust :confused:.But I'm sure that most people would ask why my graphic card cost about the same :p.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
adroit said:
Anyhow, I still don't understand why a 15 years old car would need a $700 exhaust :confused:.But I'm sure that most people would ask why my graphic card cost about the same :p.

Most people just don't understand do they! ;)

My Girlfriend actually sat me down today and said "Now I really think you spend wayyyyy too much time chatting to imaginary friends"

No amount of persuasion can make her understand...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.