How does iTunes organize Soundtracks in Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by animefx, Mar 4, 2006.

1. animefx macrumors regular

I haven't bought a song from a movie soundtrack yet on iTunes... I've bought 2 songs from complilations, but soundtracks can't be sorted the same way.

I'm wondering how the directory structure looks like for songs from soundtracks (movie soundtracks more specifically)... Could someone take a picture with the directory expanded all the way?

I have Velvet Revolver's Come on, Come in song, but its only on the Fantastic Four soundtrack.

so i have X:\itunes\ but after that i'm not sure how itunes would normally organize a soundtrack, and i don't want to guess wrong and put it in my own way thats incorrect. does this make sense to anyone?

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

from the itms it's just in a folder with the artist as the title of the movie. like ~/itunes music library/harry potter and the goblet of fire/songs
    btw, why are you organizing the songs yourself in windows explorer as opposed to itunes?

3. JonD25 macrumors 6502

If you have it set to automatically organize your music and in your "Get Info" for the songs, you have them checked as "Part of a compilation", then it will be under itunes/compilations. If you click browse on iTunes, it'll have "Compilations" as the first option under "Artist". If not, then the songs should be organized under the artist's name, not album.

4. animefx thread starter macrumors regular

so many ways to organize music... i now like itunes method the best

well the reason is that i had a huge music library built before i started using itunes about a year ago...

in that old library i had music like this:

x:\mp3s\Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair

and then if you double click on that folder you would find:

x:\mp3s\Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair\Tears for Fears - Shout.mp3

well, anyways... at first i didn't see an advantage to using itunes method of sorting music, but now after purchasing some songs, i really like itunes method better. especially after i got an ipod photo... then an ipod shuffle... and then an ipod nano. hehe.