1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

How does one get hired at Apple corporate?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eVolcre, Oct 27, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Color me frustrated. I'm a sales exec at IBM and have been applying to Apple via their website since last November. I must have applied to close to 100 positions and haven't heard back once.

I am very qualified and just don't understant this. Any hints? This isn't an Apple Store position but rather one for Apple corporate ...

Cheers - eV

2. macrumors 65816

G5orbust

best bet, call the company.

3. macrumors 65816

eVolcre

And I bet you a buck they say "Go through the website"

4. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Try to get to know someone at Apple. From there it's pretty straightforward.

irmongoose

5. macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Well that's my problem - I don't know anyone at Apple.

Here's an open offer - get me an interview I'll give you a $100, if I get hired you get $1000. eV's referral bonus.

I'm serious too. Post here and I'll send you my resume. I have 5 years of excellent experience with IBM.

eV

6. macrumors 65816

alset

Won't hurt to try, though. I have talked my way into two jobs where I was told the companies weren't hiring. I just kept coming back every four or five days and asking if I could meet with a hiring manager until they finally put me through (just to shut me up, I think). From there I was able to demonstrate my charisma and people skills. The rest is history.

Call. Call. Call. If you live in the area you can try dropping off a resume at the front desk.

You may not need this, but here's a tip I picked up from my father when he was reviewing resumes for his company: slightly unusual (but not strange) paper always got attention. Heavier stock, perhaps an eggshell color rather than white, was an example. He also said that including a photo with the resume made applicants stand out every time. It actually works really well (assuming the content of your resume holds up after getting them to look! ;) )

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Dan

7. macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Hey Dan, thanks for your post. it's the most helpful so far :). Problem is that I currently live in Indiana, there's no way I can drop off or stop by in person. Your comment about the resume holds true - I've always used Ivory heavy stock paper - problem - again - is that I am not dropping resumes off in person but am sending them through their online submission system.

I'll try giving them a call.

eV

8. macrumors 65816

alset

When you call you might ask who to address a resume to and mail it in. Then you can still break the mold.

Dan

9. macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Hey!! That's a GOOD idea. Snail mail in todays day and age definitely draws more attention than email.

Thanks - eV