how does the Belkein 802.11g router perform?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by phreakout13, Dec 15, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

How does this router perform? I'll only be using it with 1 AlBook around my house with broadband internet. Does anyone know if it's dependable and gets good reception? Thanks :)

2. bmelon macrumors newbie

I've been using that exact router with my powerbook 12" and my girlfriend's ibook 12" for a couple months now. We've got a medium sized 1+ apartment. Her ibook gets four bars everywhere; I get anywhere from 1 to 4 bars depending (typical; the ibook's reception is always better). When I'm on bit torrent the bars tend to disappear for some reason, although my download and upload speeds are still fine, around 300kbps max. The router was easy to set up, and for the first month, it was completely dependable. then we started getting dropped signals around once a day. I called belkin and a very helpful tech support guy told me to switch the router's channels. So far, no more dropped signals.
    All in all, for a $15 router, it's been great. Make sure to get one with a good rebate, etc.

3. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Thanks for the info! It'll probably work for me rather than spending $130 on an Airport.