How does the Macbook Air handle - Adobe CS5 applications & 1080p itunes movies

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by slumpey326, Apr 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

was just wondering how the macbook air handles adobe applications like dreamweaver, photoshop, etc..

also how about itunes 1080p movies, any stuttering while playing

2. Guest

eric/

I haven't had any issues with 1080P movies.

I think with Photoshop and stuff it just depends. Probably wouldn't experience any issues unless you were doing something extreme.

3. macrumors 6502

sfoalex

I'm running adobe latest version with no issues. Even running quark. And I have the Core2Duo. If you have the latest one you'll be more than fine on both counts.

4. macrumors 603

thekev

I wouldn't look at CS5 at this point. My main complaint there would be ram. Those programs use quite a lot of ram. Scratch disk speed can matter, but it doesn't fully take the place of ram. CS6 seems to be headed toward further gpu reliance more than I would have anticipated. Considering that and Mountain Lion are on the way, I suggest researching that. With CS5 unless you're using the 3d functions in some of the creative suite applications, I wouldn't worry too much as OpenGL can be disabled anyway. It's not that CS5 is really that gpu intensive. It's just that OpenGL functions aren't implemented very well. I don't know if CS6 will still allow it to be disabled given how much they're reworking some of those programs (especially photoshop). Unless you need a machine at the moment I'd wait it out a little while.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks to all of you for the responses. Very much appreciated.

6. macrumors G3

Remember to check the Adobe Support site for compatibility notes for CS5 and Lion.