How early did you get your Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by YoYoMa, Aug 12, 2006.

1. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

Hey, I ordered my mac pro last thursday and was told 3 to 5 day shipping. I've noticed that pretty much everyone who has received one got it early and I was wondering just how early they were. Mine is set to ship 8/17 and arrive 8/24 even though I ordered 8/10. Also, I'm on the east coast and was wondering if being on the east coast or west coast carrys the faster shipping advantage? Thanks.

2. ender78 macrumors 6502

I am assuming that most that have them already purchased in local Apple stores.

3. davey0 macrumors member

I ordered the stock model on the 7th and should have it on Tuesday (I'm located in California).

I wish FedEx would update their tracking information. This is the latest update:
    Aug 9, 2006 - 1:37 PM - Arrived at FedEx location - LEWISBERRY, PA

4. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

8 days for you Davey. So maybe I can expect mine eleven days from order. Maybe the 21st vs 24th since mine was three to five days till being shipped out being I changed the hard drive option.

5. stevo86 macrumors member

any canadians out there have their mac pro yet?? mine is set to ship Tuesday and then the shipping time is 8-12 busniess days. I can't wait to get it! :)

6. kbonnel macrumors 6502

I got mine on the 8th, but that is only because I picked it up from the Apple store :)

They only got 1 in on the 8th, and I was the lucky person to grab it.... Man, it was the worse drive in my life. They would not hold it, and basically said first come first serve. I was running into the store like a mad man!!!!!

Kimo

7. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

Lucky you!! I've read a few more posts on here that suggest that Apple sends these out about three days earlier than they say, so hopfully mine will ship out this coming monday.

8. bradc macrumors 6502

Yeah mine was suppose to ship on the 15th, but it shipped today!

Code:
    Aug 12, 2006 	 

6:24 PM	Left origin  	RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 	
    1:33 PM	 Picked up  	RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 	

10:34 AM	Package data transmitted to FedEx  	

9. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice! That is really fantastic news!! Can't wait.:)

10. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

Ordered at around 1 AM. It shipped today!

Craziness...

11. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

Hahah, wow! That $70 bucks I saved lowering the hard drive is feeling like the stupidest idea ever right now!! Congrats btw;)

12. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

Hahahha. Is that all you did with your mac?

Yikes!

Good luck...I still can't believe mine shipped so fast.

13. hal0n macrumors regular

i'm still waiting for my bt'd mp to ship. I ordered it on 8/8. =(

k

14. Spaceman Spiff macrumors regular

I ordered my BT/Airport/ATI about 6 hours after the keynote... Not expecting to ship until late August-Mid September.

15. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

I ordered a Mac Pro the 9th, with an expected shipping date of September 13th.
    Can't understand why someone have received theirs already! :(

16. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, although it'll prob come early for you guys too, it prob won't come early enough.

17. Cowinacape macrumors regular

I ordered mine on the nineth, sent out a wire transfer from my bank on the tenth, but for what ever :mad: reason, the transfer does not seem to have gone through yet :mad: I don't expect my Mac to ship for a while yet, as I ordered a X1900XT as well, but I also ordered a 60g iPod for my better half, and that still shows that it hasn't shipped either, so much for wire transfers being fast :mad: I just hope I don't have to go chasing my cash down, now that it is in some wierd wire transfer/bank induced/coma/limbo :mad:

18. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

I ordered mine about 24 hours after it was announced, still haven't got it because of the X1900 XT card upgrade.

19. coastertux macrumors regular

Mine was custom built and arrived the predicted arrival day I was given when I ordered it.

20. ampd macrumors regular

ampd

I ordered mine on the day it came out. However I got the wireless keyboard mouse, BT, 3.0GHz, 1 GB of ram, so im not expecting it to ship anytime soon...Apple says it will ship on September 5th and get here on the 12th. I really hope it ships earlier cause im dying to use this thing...

21. Cowinacape macrumors regular

WooHoo! :)

Just got confirmation on my order for my new MacPro, estimated ship date Sept. 14th :rolleyes: (man another month!) I did order the B.T. and upgraded video, so I don't know which one, or if both of those items caused the delay in shipping time.

22. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

I would just like everyone to know that my Mac Pro shipped three days early and arrived six days early. I would say it's probably a safe bet to knock at least a bit under a week off of anyones ship date in cases where it seems excessively long. Good luck everyone!!

23. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

They ordered the stock vid card and no BT?

24. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

I got an "order received" email from Apple shortly after ordering my Mac Pro on Sunday, but have yet to receive an order confirmation. Anyone know when I can expect this?

(The Apple Store shows a shipping date of Sept. 25 and a delivery date of Sept. 27.)

25. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

I would expect it at least a week early if I were you