how far??

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by greensuperman32, Mar 30, 2005.

1. greensuperman32 macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2005
    can anyone plz tell me what the range is for the Airport Express?
  2. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    it schould theoretically equal that of the Airport Extreme (off course the setup without adding an external antenna :p) my G5 is sitting behind several walls (3 brick walls) from the Airport Express approx 10m away and it works great

it allso depends on wich computer it needs to reach (Powerbooks have the poorest results on reception (my TiPb was teriible) iBooks and everything plastic has better reception & because of the external antenna the G5 desktop scroes pretty well (adding a bigger one is an option wich will boost it even more...)

range differs if there are walls inbetween & what they are made of... if you can acces in straight line with it without any obstructions you will get the maximum range.
  3. mcadam macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2004
    I went to a mac retailer a little while ago with the same question. He basically told me that it was impossible to tell, it completely depended on how my apartment is build up, so he didn't even want to start guessing or let my return the item if it would turn out it wouldn't work. My option was to buy it and hope for the best, so I'm still thinking.