How freaky are you?

Discussion in 'Community' started by rendezvouscp, Jun 5, 2005.

1. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

In light of all the cool threads that have been up, I thought I'd start another about how freaky you are. Have you ever predicted a big event before it happened? Something freaky ever happen to or around you? Do tell!

I'll get the ball rolling. So last December before Christmas I had this weird feeling that something really big was going to happen weather wise. I told my friend, and he was like "ok then..." but I just knew something big was going to happen soon, and I knew it was weather related. Bam, a week later, the world is struck with the terrible tsunamis. If only I had been wrong...
    -Chase

2. brap macrumors 68000

Freaky? Dunno, but.. when I was but a wee scamp, whilst bombing down some hill, in some nameless park, on a shiny mountain bike - I was hit in the face by an especially prickly, unseen bush. This bush -- rather, a projection from, was at eye-level.

I happened to be blinking at the time, so was not blinded... my eyelids bled, though. :eek:

That's the closest I've come to believing in some kind of order to the universe.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...in early September 1989 I was visiting a friend in Germany. We were sitting around talking over a few beers and I happened to say "...one day soon there will be only 1 Germany again...." - he replied with a laugh and said "not likely." Of course, it was only a couple months later that the wall came down.....oh yeah!

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I was talking to my mom how no one comes up our court except the the mail man and UPS, right after i said that I saw a UPS truck pull into our court stops in front of the house.... It was a package for me, it was my toshiba e740 PDA which is sitting the the draw!

5. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

My wife was visited by the spirit of her former boss one night. She woke me up a like 3AM to tell me that she had a strange dream about her former boss; that he hugged her and talked to her and then she woke up. It was a very peaceful dream. A few days later, we found out that he had passed away that night. She hadnt seen him in 3 years before that, and they were good friends. I wouldnt have believed her, except that she woke me up that night to tell me about it. And it wasnt creepy at all--really peaceful in fact, and it was nice that he came and said goodbye.

She and I also have unintentional telekenetic communication sometimes too. Once she swore she heard me knocking on the door and shouting at her to let me in when I was out of the building. When she rushed to the door, I was just arriving and just realized the door was locked and I didnt have the key. It's only happened a couple times, but its always really weird when it happens.

Also, my friend predicted 9-11 in his sleep. He had a dream about crumbling buildings and fire and death, and that was on September 10th. I believe that humans are far more connected than we know.

Also, when I was a kid, I had a vision and a feeling about a major war in my lifetime between us and the Chinese. Hasnt happened yet, and I hope it never does.

6. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

My dad one predicted the exact pattern of a dog in a litter as a child. He too saw it in a dream. I once had a feeling in school that something bad had happened to my mom, and I got really upset. I'm extreamly happy that I was wrong.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Gee, thanks for that.

8. Zachariah macrumors member

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I once had a dream where a commerical plane was sitting on a runway, in flames. It wasn't even really a dream, just a single very vivid image. When I woke up and got the newspaper from outside, the front page had a picture of a commerical plane, burning, in the middle of a runway. I was freaked out!

10. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Creepy! On the night of the 11th (or is that considered the night of the 10th?), before I knew about the plane crashes, I had a dream about fire from the sky, people screaming and running, and general mayhem. (IIRC, later in the dream there was also soldiers moving... but I don't remember for sure. May have to dig back in the forum archives...) It was kind of freaky when I woke up, turned on the telly and saw how the first plane crashed into the building.

11. rendezvouscp thread starter macrumors 68000

I think so too. The night before 9/11, while my friend's family was just talking in the living room, the dad of my friend mentioned that it was due time for something to happen with the terrorists. Bad timing I guess...
    -Chase

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

A few years ago I was doing the washing up at work when I was pushed (quite forcefully) in the back – it felt as if a pair of hands shoved me just below my shoulder blades, hard enough to actually push me forward against the sink. I was alone in the building at the time.

I locked up pretty sharpish that evening. :eek:

13. poundsmack macrumors 6502

poundsmack

"i predict that the Intel thing with Apple turns out to be a fake"

if i am right we will know tomarow....then i can join this freaky club :p

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Mine is rather simple. When My wife and I get, we don't turn on the TV. Just get cleaned up & dress. On the morning of 9/11 for some reason my wife turned on the TV, to our horror they were showing picture of the first plane flying in to the WTC. We saw the second plane hit the WTC live as it happened. That morning we stay glued to the TV in disbelief.

15. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

My mother had this happen with the father of a childhood friend. she was dreaming she was at a party with many people she didn't know, and in walked her friend's father...he turned to the crowd and said "i'm going now" and walked out again...she found it so odd she not only told my dad when she woke up but was telling another friend about it when her mother called to tell her the man had died in his sleep...
    very weird.

16. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

I had dreams involving a house I had never seen before.

We moved into it less than a month later.

17. rendezvouscp thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry, not a member for that ( ;) ), but perhaps you have something else up your sleeve?
    -Chase

18. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

I'm sure I've had some "freaky" thing occur at some point personally, but nothing comes to mind right now.

However, when I was graduating from University, my grandmother was adamant that she attend the ceremony despite living 1300 miles away and being in poor health. Her reasoning was "I'll never live long enough to see him get married, so I want to be there for this".

Graduation was May '97. August '98 I got engaged. A week later she was dead.

19. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i dreamt yesterday, about luke skywalker joining his father, darth vader. and today, Apple uses Intel chips. D'OH! :eek:

20. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

My middle daughter is spooky. As she has gotten older her mind reading talent has drifted away. We try and help her keep it, telling her things like, trust your instincts, and such.
    As a toddler she would come up to us and ask us about things we were thinking about. We were always getting spooked. Then we both tested her by thinking about things like, going to chuckycheese. She would stop in her tracks, look up at me, and say. "You said chuckycheese!".
    She would see people in stores and say things like, they are nice, or that person isn't nice, it was wild.
    She has lost most of it, or atleast doesn't talk about it anymore.

21. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

Freaky

Here is a site you freaks might find interesting. Especially if you're from NJ like me. :D

www.weirdnj.com

22. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Are YOU freaky?

Am I the only one who was expecting an entirely different, slightly more personal topic in this thread? :eek:

OT, I'm not any kind of prophet of future events, but I do have an unusual number of "deja vu" experiences. Not sure what all that is about.

Carry on, "freaks!" ;)

23. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I'll never forget this event.

About 15 Years ago I was sleeping at 4:38am a smoke detector went off but at first it went beep beep so ignored it. 30 sec. later it went beep beep-- beep beep. then 30 seconds later it just continusly beeped so I took out the battery died. Then around 6:00am my mom called me and said that my grandmother had died of heart faliure. When I went to the hospital to see my family I asked what time she died and my grandpa said around 4:30am.

It was so strange. My grandfather and I sorta wish I had told him the story. And what is also a little wierd is that my grandma would always use the words "beep beep beep" when I was little instead of "excuse me" or "please move".

Actually the other night at 3:00am one of my "networked" smoke detectors apparently broke and set off all the smoke alarms in my house for 10 minutes and would then stop for like a minute. I was again scared that someone had died but no one that I knowed died.

24. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Oh even wierder about my grandmothers death:

She bought a brand new Jaguar in 1983. Soon after she bought it she broke the mirror off the left side and we joked she would have 7 years bad luck. She died in 1990- 7 years after she broke the mirror.