Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

REDSRT4

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2006
the hp camera is actually a very good camera, i sell cameras and that and the sd630 are very popular

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
OK. I know it has been a while since I posted, but TBH finding a camera has been pushed to the back of my mind. I never knew how long I would spend trying to find the right travel insurance - I'm very picky! Anyway, I popped along to Jessops today, and after a 15 minute wait got the worst sales assistant ever who seemed like he just couldn't be bothered to help.

He said the HP R927 was a great camera, but I might no end up using the features. He suggested I could go for the Olympus MJU 700 Digital which they had on offer for £199.99 from £229.99. It has 7 megapxiels, 15x zoom and a big screen. And looks rather sexy too, for a camera.

My thinking was, the R927 was also £199.99, but reduced from £400. So surely the R927 is a better camera, right???

But I looked on ebay and I can get the MJU 700 for around £150 so I could go with that and save £50.

I am still very much lost. You said to try out the cameras and I did. I like the feel of both of them (for the few seconds I was aloud to hold them), but the actual quality of image (on the LCD screens) seemed identical to me. At the end of the day I am back in the same conondrum as I was last month, except now trying to decide between two cameras.

Any advise would be very much welcome, ta!

JON

DBAlex

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
I thought id just contribute some info here, I think 8.2 Megapixels is fine even for very large prints... (Im sure you could go up to A4 size with that sort of quality)

I use a camera thats just 4 megapixels... But it captures enough for me to make decent size prints, I say the lens is more important, at the moment im looking at the Panasonic Lumix range seeing as they use a Leica lens... Still don't know whether to get a high end point and shoot or low end digital slr though!

:D

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Obsidian6 said:
oh and for the record, ive seen 24x36s printed from a D2h. yes the 4.2MP D2H

:) I have both (well it's a 20"x30").

iBlue said:
Well I can tell you that at that resolution you can take a picture from several feet away and still focus in on a single pore when you view it later from your computer. It's a real blow to the ego. :p

this is an unedited picture taken from a 350D (file is 3.2mb)

FYI, a 350D image can get even better. with good glass, you can get razor sharp results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.