How goofy is this?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    I don't know if a Pluto mask would make me laugh that hard. But a Pluto mask and working in a town called Cranberry.... :D

2. apple2991 macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    They make it sound so positive. If only he sets his mind to it...
  3. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT
    That was great Thomas Veil!

There's a true story about a bank robbery in Davis, California. One guy came up to the teller at Wells Fargo Bank with a note stating "I am carrying a weapon, give me all your money." The teller looked at the note and told the guy that he couldn't because the note was written on a Bank of America paper and suggested he go across the street to Bank of America. So, the guy did!

After he left, the teller called B of A and the authority and that guy was arrested.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    i've heard of a case where a robber took in a note, and it was too messy to read... he panicked, rather than re-write it he fled. I should imagine robbing a bank is much like giving a speech: you never know what's going to go wrong until you're in front of a horrified crowd. Goofy tho... i would have found that creepy, what with the raving psychotic inside it...
  5. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    its a good thing he didnt use the elmer fudd mask cuz then the clerk might have died of laughter :D
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    With all the other negative things, its nice to have something that brings a smile to the face. That is one lucky clerk. When you have to laugh, what else can you do. Chances are after the fact the clerk wasn't laughing when he realized the seriousness of the situation.
  7. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Here locally, some guy was trying to rob a coffee shop. The barista told him he had to buy something because she couldn't ring up the cash register without a purchase. So while she was making him an espresso, the robber gave up in frustration and just left. :D
  8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I love hearing stuff like this. As wdlove said, with all the crap going on, it is nice to hear something that was potentially not good at all...turn out to be very funny! :D
  9. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT
    That's so cool!
  10. ejb190 macrumors 65816

My mom is the branch manager of a bank that was robbed last year. While no weapon was seen, they did it by the book anyway. He was armed. The guy went over to a drug store and pulled a sawed off shotgun out of his pants when the pharmacist didn't move fast enough. The bank's training payed off big league and no one got hurt. They found the guy a week later in another state dead of a drug overdose... Very scary.
  11. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    That is exactly something I would do. That basically sums me up. I laugh at the complete wrong times. I don't mean during a funeral or during something serious. I mean like if I was getting robbed! :D I laugh a lot
  12. ziwi macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    Right back where I started...
    It is good nobody was hurt - but to laugh at a robber during a hold up may result in a different outcome - it is like flipping the bird at somebody on the road for the way they are driving and then they go and get all road rage on you...
  13. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I used to have that problem also. Although it occurred at some serious times. I used to try biting my lip to stop my potential laughter. :eek:
  14. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

Nov 10, 2004
    Land flowing with Milk and Honey
    Very funny

My favorite anecdote about a robbery was about a guy who tied an ATM to the bumper of his truck. It ripped off his bumper and he fled. Police later picked him up because his license plate was on the bumper.
  15. dsharits macrumors 68000

Jun 19, 2004
    The People's Republic of America
    There was a guy in Tampa last year that tried to hold up a bank using the old trick of making your hand look like a gun in our pocket. However, he made one mistake- he didn't have his hand in his pocket. :p

16. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    Wwwhy dowwwnt yowww hawwnd owwver dawwt monny?