how I long for my mbp...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TraceyS/FL, Feb 5, 2007.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

gee, I hope this works. I'm trying to post from my Treo :D

I'm longing for my computer, cut off from the world - mac rumors isn't overly friendly on the phone when you don't have EVDO.

anyway, friday at 3am (darn r year old woke me up at 1:30 for the bathroom) when I was day dreaming about my computer.... that darn tornado came buzzing by!

we are the ONLY house in our neighborhood with ZERO damage. we have some trees down in the neighbors backyard, but we didn't even loose a shingle. pretty amazing considering it was an F3 that touched down in the front yard. we are in the spencers loop area of lady lake. which means really, we have 1 neighbor left with a house. :(

anyway, I shall keep dreaming - comcast has us scheduled for repair on the 12th for sure, maybe tomorrow.

meanwhile, I've able to check the front page to know that I haven't missed new annoucements!! lol!!

oh, and I can't get over & update my post in help-but hey, since the 3 day power outage the eMac goes to sleep!!

i'll be back soon-can't wait to catch up. keep enjoying those puuurrrrty computers for me.

tracey.....suffering severe survivors guilt these days

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Wow...glad to hear you're okay. Hang in there.

No need for survivor's guilt...it was just a random event. Get out there and help your neighbors as best you can. It's times like this that can help bring people together.

Best of luck to you and everyone affected by the storms.

3. polevault139 macrumors 6502

Good luck with all of the repairs. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. I have been in a tornado before and I know how devastating they can be. Hang in there.

Good Luck

4. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

Luck. Your post from the Treo worked fine, BTW.

5. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Cable back up!!!

Some minor piece of "normal", internet back up. Lots of cleanup going on around here - i have to say the help with it all has been amazing. The landscape changes almost hourly.

Now to see what i've missed - i did see that I didn't miss a new computer or OS version yet :D

Here is the corner of my yard it touched down in..... about 7am Friday Morning.

[​IMG]