iPad mini How important is sleep/wake?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bagelmaker, Nov 10, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Oct 29, 2012
    This is my first ipad. For those of you who've had an ipad for awhile, how important is the sleep/wake feature? Is it a make or break feature when choosing a case? Will I wear out my power and home buttons without it?
  2. macrumors 68030

Jun 19, 2010
    Ft Lauderdale
    it is a feature that apple provides and only the cheap rush-to-market cases have forgotten to put in. Wait a few weeks and everyone will have it as they waited and did it right. Don't rationalize a cheap case...

3. macrumors 68030

Jun 28, 2007
    I used this on my iPad 2. The sleep/wake feature was convenient however I removed the cover because I didn't like the streaks it left on the screen. Anyway, I haven't noticed any excessive wear on my power or home buttons without it on my iPad 2 and now my iPad Mini. And I use my iPad a lot, all day, every day. My power button and home button get a lot of use daily and I haven't noticed any excessive signs of wear on either at all.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2011
    You will not wear out your power switch any more than you will wear out your sleep wake switch.

It's a convenience feature that goes along with an Apple Smart Cover.
  5. macrumors 68030

Jun 19, 2010
    Ft Lauderdale
    Or any other cover where the mfr was able to figure out the magnet positions on the pad.....
  6. macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2012
    It's a nice feature, not a "make or break". However, once you're used to it, you don't want to go back ! Or at least I don't :p
  7. macrumors 68000

Sep 18, 2009
    Agree, however, if similar quality/priced cases have it versus ones that don't (i.e. Speck FitFolio), then it becomes an issue IMO.