Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cjr605

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I thought it wasn't out yet in the US, but everyone still seems to have it. Am I missing something???

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
It's one of the news articles from this morning. You have to download it yourself from a link then do a trick or two to install it. Quite easy as long as you read the directions (and take the .zip off the filename before you install).

Cjr605

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Ok, I thought I was going nuts :)
But a lot of people seem to be having trouble so I'll wait till tomorrow to do it.

PeckinOrder

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
My question is where do you find the directions. I have looked at that thread and must be missing something.

Whenever Im holding the OPTION KEY and press the Check for Updates in Itunes it still says you have the newest update 7.7

Anyone know where I can find the directions?

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
My question is where do you find the directions. I have looked at that thread and must be missing something.

Whenever Im holding the OPTION KEY and press the Check for Updates in Itunes it still says you have the newest update 7.7

Are you hitting update for itunes or for your iphone?

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008

hold option and click check for updates IN THE IPHONE PANNEL not under the help menu.

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
a lot of people seem to be having trouble so I'll wait till tomorrow to do it.

frankly it's going to be the exact same piece of software with a slightly easier gui install process. not much to wait for imho.

PeckinOrder

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Thank you very much!

It worked absolutely perfectly when I did it the way I shouldve been.

I feel like an idiot.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
Ok, I thought I was going nuts :)
But a lot of people seem to be having trouble so I'll wait till tomorrow to do it.

the only people having trouble are the ones who don't pay attention or read. Its very easy and as simple as holding down the option (shift for windows users) key when you click check for updates then point to the file you downloaded. iTunes does the rest...

passingXstorm

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
Yup I did it on my PC and have been enjoying super monkey ball all day. It takes 20-30 minutes, though, so don't freak out if it takes a long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.