How is Office v.X supposed to be best yet on any platform?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Centris Fan, May 5, 2002.

1. Centris Fan macrumors newbie

When a 450 dollar program is written so piss poor that all features pretty much have to be turned off in order for it to come close to keeping up with a moderately speeded typer, then someone should be sued.

2. jipper macrumors newbie

you're right... but

you're right, but...
    office v.x is a much better program than any other version of office seen on any os. In fact my uni is completely run on windows and i have to put up with office 2000. It's a relief to get home and use the warmness of the macbu's office v.x. The speed thing is still an issue... but i don't think it runs any slower than most os x programs. I think the speed issues are mostly due to the operating system. We should see an improvement with the introduction of X.2. Not only that but the MacBU@MS will be releasing an update for office to coiincide with the release of X.2. So never fear, help is on the way.
    Cheers.
    Tim.

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

If Office v.X is the best on any platform
    then the other platforms must really suck. I can't wait until they put anti-aliasing in their text
    Then I would use it full on

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

It is certainly better that Office XP and 2000 on the PC and way better that 2001; it is not fast enough yet, but this will come :)

Ensign

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Office v.X may have it's problems but as others have already said; it is the best of any platform.

6. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

I read an article that said that the update that is coming in june will fix about 1300 bugs!!!

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

8. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Hey Falleron, nice avatar! Like it!

I look forward to the update, I bet it coinsides with the release of X.2, anybody have any dates for it?

Ensign

9. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Cheers Ensign Paris, not bad for 2 mins work is it! I will put some effort into a decent one soon.