How is the battery on the PB 12 inch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imacintel, Nov 9, 2006.

1. imacintel macrumors 68000

I was wondering how long the battery life on the PB i bought would be. It's a brand new battery, not been used.

2. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

3. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

4.5-5 hrs with lots of dim, AP off, etc. ? Normal usage/lighting/airport = around 3.5-4 hrs?

4. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, at least its better than my Compaq Presario qhich gets about 30 minutes with wireless on, but screen dimmed,BT off..etc...:p

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i never saw those battery times on my rev. a powerbook (with a new battery). normal usage was usually around 2.5 to 3 hours (wifi on, listening to itunes, web browsing, medium to high screen brightness). on a full battery, i could *just* finish up a movie on dvd (full screen brightness, wifi and bluetooth off)...

6. techster85 macrumors regular

I just got a replacement battery through the recall, and my battery now after about two months is about 4:30 on average, that's with the airport on and the screen down about half. With the old battery it was about 3 hours, but I think that was mostly because I had that battery for over two years...

7. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

I am pretty much always gonna have my AirPort on. I have never used the ethernet on my iMac.

8. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Expect 3.5-4 hours with a new, calibrated battery. It will obviously diminish with time, though. After about 1.5 years, I was down to an hour and needed a battery replacement. Then it went back up to 4 and it's on its way down again.

edit: I should mention that I always have my screen on full brightness with airport on...

9. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

When i first got the powerbook, i would get 4.5-5.5 hrs for a good 2-3 months... than it dropped to down like 3.5-4.5 for a couple of months, and now it's down to 3 hrs and it's been about a year and 2 months... but i use my laptop alot so yeah...

most of the time i use my laptop, my screen is dimmed to 2-3 bars, and no blutooth, no airport, and usually MS Word or MS Powerpoint running. :)

btw, i have the last build 12inch powerbook...

10. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

maybe i had some super computer, but with two bars for backlight, and one or two programs running, i had a good 5 hrs for a good couple of months...

11. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

I will probably spend a good amount of time plugged in, but also a good bit of time out. :)