how is the keyboard on the new iBooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sir42, Apr 24, 2004.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

Sep 16, 2003
    NY, NY
    I was in CompUsa this week playing with the previous iBook model, and I had a lot of trouble using the keyboard. While typing the cursor seemed to fly all over the place and I even managed to accidentally close some windows while typing. Has anyone had a chance to play around on one of the newly released iBooks? Has the keyboard been tweaked? I noticed on the settings menu an option to "ignore accidental touchpad" use. Does this actually work?
  2. intrepkid21 macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2004
    Long Island, New York
    That was likely another case of CompUSA ignoring the condition of its merchandise - someone could have broken something on the keyboard or trackpad...the keyboard on the G4 does not flex like the one on the is much better!
  3. MacZoro macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2004
    Valley of the Sun, AZ USA
    changing keyboards

i've checked out the G4 keyboards at our local apple store and would like to maybe replace my G3 keyboard with a more solid feeling G4. I wonder if they are an interchangeable part? or am i just stuck with what i bought?
  4. realityisterror macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2003
    Snellville, GA
    i've never used it, but it just ignores all trackpad input while you are typing... it should work unless you are so obsessed with multitasking that you need to browse the web while typing your term paper... but that'd be really hard...

5. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2002
    Deep within the heart of madness!
    I had a similar problem on a rev a ALUbook, it was very irritating.

Though i have never seen this problem on an iBook, so I would think that it was a faulty version. or didnt have the settings right.