All iPads How is this case, has anyone bought one like this off ebay?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cartwright?, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Cartwright?
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I just bought a smartcase from apple store for immediate use to avoid accidental damages, but based on how it looks and protection it provides, I don't think it is worth $50, but then again you get a lot more compared to smart cover which is $40.

I found following on ebay, which seems to be an excellent design and very functional, it comes with stylus and looks decent, only $10 shipped from USA.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-iPa...es_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item53f2438add

Trying to get some ideas, because I don't want to end up with something that bleeds color or sweats/absorbs moisture, etc..

I just need protection for screen and better handling for the ipad itself (it is too slippery when naked) so I can just toss it in my computer folio when going to meetings etc.. I just dont want to make it too bulky.

2. kodeman53
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

What's wrong with the Smartcase?

You can learn a lot from reading the many case threads. Your requirements are not unique.

3. Cartwright?
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Smartcase seems to have a gap on the edges, it feels like it is not a %100 fit. It is not really padding, just plain gap on the edges. Also it attracts dust since it is completely matte and if you are wearing something like a pullover with lints, it gets clinged on the case. Otherwise, it is nice but not $50 nice.

I will take a look at case threads to see if I can get some information but the reason I started a thread was specifically for the ebay item I linked, in case anyone else bought that or similar one off ebay, so I can get the same thing.