How long before I can just enter a store and snag a Wii no hassle?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chone, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

How long do you think it will be before say... I can enter any store (say Costco) and pick up the Wii like that, I really want a Wii and will probably spend around 400$ total on games + accesories (Wii+Zelda+Monkey Ball+Component cables+maybe an extra wiimote) but won't get one on launch but rather I'll wait till I can get a Wii without any shortages, lines, etc.

Costco has some great savings (as always) so maybe can you tell me specifically as far as Costcos concern? How many are each getting? Will they be sold out on launch day?

Also... is it possible Zelda TP will face a shortage? It seems almost every Wii owner is getting Zelda...

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, they're released here on December 7th so I'd say.....

December 7th. Really, I doubt the Wii will sell out here, the 360 didn't, the PSP didn't, the DS didn't, the DS lite didn't, every console since the PS1 has been readily available. It's nice to be able to benefit from the post-US release production ramp.

3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Yeah most stores ie Myers, EB Games seem to be advertising pre orders freely here eh?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Day one buddy...there will be lots of wiis on the table waiting to go home with the gamer.

Walk into any shop and find one...good job nintendo...I must say.

2nd rule of wisdom: Don't pull a 360/ps3:)

Bless

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

On the Wii? Yeah, we were able to pre-order it months before they started pre-orders in the US. And I mean months.

6. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Yeah I had mine preordered at EB games in June. Last week I changed my mind and went the 360 :cool: no regrets its a great machine. I will miss Zelda though but perhaps in the future I might buy the Wii