how long can i put TiBook in sleep mode?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, May 15, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i was wondering if it is alright to just put my TiBook to sleep for the whole time i'm not using it. usually i just put it in sleep when i go to bed and then use it in the morning, put it in sleep, stick it in my bag and go to college, and then use it there. is it alright to have it in sleep while i'm transporting it?
    using sleep mode is alot faster than shutting down and starting up all the time, so i'm hoping that it's alright to do it all the time.

one quick side question- is there a program or something in OS X that will tell me how much up-time my TiBook has had? thanks!

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

It is ok to keep your Ti sleeping all the time. You should be able to have it sleep for a week without the battery dying - I'mm not sure how long exactly, but I'm guessing you won't sleep it for a week, you'll probably want to use it now and then. :)

You can open the Terminal (Applications>Utilities) and type "uptime". That will tell you to the minute how long it's been since you shut down.

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I would use it 24?7 if I had one
    It would be in my bed and I would using PS7...... if I had it :(

4. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

thanks Beej. i hope it's not possible to mess stuff up from Terminal. i'll try not to mess around with it too much. and do you know any other things that terminal can tell you about?