How long did it take Apple to Approve your APP?

Discussion in 'App Store Business, Legal and Marketing' started by forcesteeler, Sep 23, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I submitted my app about 10 Days ago. Why does it take so long?

I know Apple have to test for bugs,virus,etc.. But Damn its a simple application. Its not like im making the next Grand Theft Auto Game or anything complex like that.

I love apple but this is making me think about the Google Platform since Google says they will be no approval process and they are not going to strangle hold developers.

2. macrumors 603

I'm hearing roughly 2 weeks, maybe a few days more if there's a potential issue.

3. macrumors 6502

Rogue Vertex took 6 days to get approved. Longest 6 days of my life.

4. macrumors 68040

I have been posting almost weekly updates to one of my apps, and they have been getting approved in 5-6 days pretty consistently.

5. macrumors regular

jstanier

Yeah, it tends to be about one working week turnaround time.

6. macrumors demi-god

fishkorp

My first app was about 6 days, the update for it was approved in 3 days. My second app took over 2 weeks (about 16 calendar days) for approval.

7. macrumors 68000

My 2 apps in the store (as well as their updates) have taken about 5-7 days each. I have 5 apps (yes, 5) that have been in review since the 17th. So, we shall see if the 1 week standard holds true for me again.

Edit: As I was typing that reply I got one of the "Ready for Sale" emails.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok it looks like the Gods have heard by cries. I got "Ready for sale email" 20 minutes ago. I took in Itunes Connect and its says "In Review"

9. macrumors 68000

There is usually a 1-2 hour delay between the email and it showing as "Ready for Sale" in ITC, then another hour or so before it is displaying in the iTunes Store. You can find it in the store before it sorts into the lists by searching for it though.

10. macrumors newbie

19 days so far and still in review!!

This is getting ridiculous!
    :mad:

11. macrumors 6502a

DipDog3

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got off the phone with the Apple Developer Support Team. I called about 5 times trying to "Pick there brain" aka Social Engineering.

My research concludes.

1 Week it should take to approve a APP

If you are waiting 2 weeks+. Either there is something wrong with your program or get ready for a rejection letter.

13. macrumors 68000

So what about the time between week 1 and week 2 :cool:

14. Guest

Darkroom

in light of trent reznor's recent grumbling, seems that the approval process is still plagued with nonsense. but in keeping with the theme of this thread, does it still take about 2 weeks for an app to show up?

15. macrumors 6502a

16. macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

My recent app took 4 days (they were all working days) to get rejected, then exactly one calendar week to get accepted after that.

17. Guest

Darkroom

may i ask why you were initially rejected?

18. macrumors regular

5 working days (7 days total) and still in review for me

19. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

My first app, [app]a.k.a[/app] took a week or two to get approved, and updates seem to have been within a week. [app]CraigsHarvest[/app], on the other hand, took about 3 months from when we initially submitted until it was finally approved with a number of rejections in between there. Took us some time working with Apple to finally get it to a point that they were comfortable that there was no more "objectionable content" from craigslist appearing in our app.

20. macrumors regular

Same here.

21. macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I used a UIBarButtonSystemItemAction button in the toolbar to open up a modal view when Apple said users would expect an action sheet instead. So I had to change the button it to a wordy "Options" (couldn't think what would be a good symbol at 6:30 in the morning, and wanted to get it resubmitted before work that morning!!).

Don't use standard buttons in a way that Apple may consider "confusing for users" or your app may be rejected.

I submitted the original app on a Sunday night, it got rejected early hours of the Friday morning later that week, resubmitted that morning and then approved the following Thursday evening. I was go-karting at the time. I didn't make it through to the top 6 finale racing that evening but the "App ready for sale" email was a sweet consellation... :)

22. macrumors 6502

What kind of waiting times are you seeing for your apps lately? Our latest update was sent in 5 July and hasn't been approved, yet.

The update before that took two full weeks to approve (probably because of WWDC and 3.0).

Has the 3.1 Beta increased everyone's wait times?

23. macrumors member

Just had mine approved after 9 days. It went through a few rounds or rejections based on me using system icons in slightly the wrong way (e.g. using the Save button to save something... :rolleyes: )
    It then took half a day to spread round the world in the iTunes store - released last night, available from the link but only visible by searcing in the UK an hour ago.

24. macrumors member

TAJones99

Waiting for apple to approve my app is driving me crazy, I have a simple app to and I'm ready to make my mark in this business.

25. macrumors regular

boyplunder

I posted my first app on 15th July, but I notice that it asks for a release date when you upload it all. I specified 29th July for this, as we still have work on the website and marketing to get done.

From reading other forums, I have also got the impression that they go into some sort of hit list for the category you put them in. I'll be interested to see if it appears on the 29th.