how long does a BTO take to arrive to my place?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by orijinal, Aug 4, 2005.

1. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

it says online estimated ship time is 3-5 business days for a powerbook.

i have about ~16 days till college, so ~10 business days to work with.

I'm planning on ordering this monday, can I expect it to arrive before the 20th of august?

if it comes in a couple days before, and i get dead pixels... :eek:

that reminds me, how long does it take for newegg to ship out that kingmax 1 gig stick of ram? i'll order it on the same day.

thanks all

2. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

I ordered my BTO iBook on Wednesday, August 3 at 1:56 PST. It is shipping on Monday. the 8th, according to Apple but I have a feeling it is going to ship Today, Friday because it changed from "sent to manufacturer" to "Preparing for shipment". Hopefully I will get it by Wednesday the 10th. If I were you I would order Right now so that you can get it in time for college.

3. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

it's just that on saturday i'm having a grad party thrown for me (and not being conceited) i anticipate i'll be getting some more $ that i can throw into my powerbook fund.

4. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Worst case scenario, just call in the order and see if you can pay a little more for faster shipping. No worries.

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

The Powerbooks are not short on supply, so they should *hopefully* beat their expected ship dates, for you. I would suggest you go ahead and order, when you have all the money, even if that is late late on Saturday, as long as your head is straight and you know what you're ordering. Wait until Sunday, if you have to. Much of Sunday in USA is Monday in China, so they might start getting it together, for you, if you ordered Saturday or Sunday. There really isn't any upgraded shipping, for BTO machines, since they ship from China. However, they usually get to the United States very quickly, if that is where you are.

6. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

7. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

The iBook that I ordered Wednesday just shipped. Right now it is in China at inspections awaiting some paperwork to let it go through customs.

Just order it now. Yours might not be delayed. On the other hand, the All in One HP PSC 1610 that I ordered along with my iBook had ship with 24 hours label on it and now they sent me a E-mail that it won't ship till the 16th!!! :eek: .

If you just buying stock config then locate a close Apple store.

8. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

Just so you have a reference, when I ordered my BTO PB previously, it was about a week between the time I placed the order & when I received it at home.
    I did not pay for expedited shipping.
    I concur that you should go ahead & order it - good luck!

9. LanGamer macrumors newbie

You other guys who bought ibooks on wednesday are lucky. Mine was order at 1:31 PST on Wednesday and its still processing, but the IPod 20gig is preparing for shipment. The is quite disappointing considering I won't be here next week since its estimated ship date is the 9th and when I ordered it, it said same day business day shipping. Oh well

-Jason

10. LanGamer macrumors newbie

5 secs after I made my previous post my ibook went to preparing shipment. Wow, never thought a simple status change could make me feel so much better.

-Jason

11. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

I placed mine 25 minutes AFTER you ordered and got it BTO (14" / Combo / 1GB RAM) and it shipped this morning. My iPod shipped Thursday and should be here Monday as well as my Logitech MX 310 which I ordered somewhere else. I expect my iBook no later then Wednesday.

12. LanGamer macrumors newbie

Well since your BTO shipped BEFORE my stock Ibook I would say the original poster is fine ;)

13. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

If I ordered a 12" iBook 80 Gig HD on August 8th (A Monday) do you think it would be at my house in Florida on or before August 18 (A Thursday)? I am driving up to school and I dont want my parents to have to ship it back to me if I miss the original shipment.

Thanks

14. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

thanks all for the personal accounts.

unfortunately the soonest i can order would be sunday :(

did any of your BTO's come with dead pixels? :rolleyes: :eek:

15. LanGamer macrumors newbie

so yea... mine is still in "preparing shipment" phase. Is this normal for it to be like this for a full day. Kinda anger since others with BTO shipped before mine even when they ordered after mine! :D

-Jason

16. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

My BTO got delayed too - and Apple sent me an email saying it was due to an "unexpected delay". I'm hoping updates. :D

We'll see.

17. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

this same thing happened with the mac minis before... it was just a normal delay, no updates.

18. LanGamer macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with customer service as to why my ibook was delayed another week and they said they did have some computer failures that affected some orders. Not trying to burst anyones bubble, i hope updates come for the powerbooks.