Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nina

macrumors member
May 27, 2004
Well, I ordered my Rev. C 12" Powerbook in a stock configuration, and it took 7, agonizing, long, slooooooow moving business days for it to get to me (I'm in Toronto)! :p

starcrossed

macrumors regular
May 3, 2003
San Antonio,TX
Well I ordered a BTO 15" Powerbook with upgrade 128VRAM, 5400rpm hard drive and memory on 6/07, and I just recieved it today!! Apple had first estimated to ship on the 15th but they for whatever reason had to push the date back further and it actually then shipping on the 18th, so I suspect you will get around the similar 2 week wait time.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
I am in Australia, and it took me 10 days to receive my Powerbook. Thought that was quite alright :D

ToastCabbit

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2004
Centre College
Nooooooooooooooooooo! :eek: I want my baby to get here faster!

I just ordered a 12" pb with the faster hard drive, est. shipping is 6/24, I ordered on 6/18. I hope this isn't considered a normal amount of time now. Any ideas why there would be a holdup in production?

Also, to those who already responded – did you pick Ground as your method of shipping or something else? I realized that I forgot to include the free 2-3 day shipping option when I ordered online. Think this will make a huge difference? ::winces::

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
ToastCabbit said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo! :eek: I want my baby to get here faster!

I just ordered a 12" pb with the faster hard drive, est. shipping is 6/24, I ordered on 6/18. I hope this isn't considered a normal amount of time now. Any ideas why there would be a holdup in production?

Also, to those who already responded – did you pick Ground as your method of shipping or something else? I realized that I forgot to include the free 2-3 day shipping option when I ordered online. Think this will make a huge difference? ::winces::

Bugger about missing the free 2 day option, but relax dude, it will get here all in good time - maybe the wait will make you savour the moment even more :) Isn't 6 days for a BTO model fairly normal? And on top of that, it will probably ship before then anyway... but I don't think the difference will be huge - you'll get it soon either way...

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
When i was in my local mac store, the guy told me it takes about 3-4 days to get the product in your hands from the day you ordered it.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
This was the big deciding factor for me yesterday!!!

Was planning on getting a 15 or 17" loaded Powerbook...
I was going to get 1GB RAM, faster HDD, and upgraded video...

but then, as a first time switcher, in the store yesterday morning - just obtaining some more information, and having a bit of a play...

up pulled the delivery truck - with a heap of Powerbooks!!!!

Shop could only upgrade RAM, so I quickly de-rationalised why I wanted or needed upgraded video (and would I really notice anyway), and then figured if the HDD wasn't fast enough - if I got into anything serious I'd need a good Firewire external HDD anyway - which I could plug in via Firewire 800... so that wasn't essential...
as the 7-10 day delay - which they say is about two weeks at the moment - then didn't become an issue....

by the time I filled the form - and they swiped my credit card - the technician had added another 512 of RAM - and I walked away with a very big smile!

Any guesses what I sat up all ngiht doing???!?!?! :rolleyes: :cool:

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
AHAHA I love reading posts like this!! You are going to be so happy when it arrives!! At least i think so anyway, i dont know you... maybe you'll be upset and cry :confused:

Mine took about a week to arrive, i was so happy when it arrived! I still am! And the powerbooks smell "new" for ages!!! :rolleyes:

Good Luck with it! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.