How long does it take to receive if you customize?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amycishere, Feb 7, 2007.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

ie...upgrading the hard drive and getting appleworks preinstalled? And just in case you are wndering I am NOT techy at all so I'm ordering from Apple. By free shipping.

Thanks.

2. Zegna macrumors member

I ordered a custom MacBook C2D, and it arrived 2 days shy of a full month wait.

Although there is a small chance that it happened because I order mine from an Apple Campus Retailer with a Higher Education discount.

But it was a good thing to discover that it is built not long before I got it on my hands. :)

3. RubenJ macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if there is any significant difference but i received my custom iMac
    within about a week. I also received the education discount and i purchased it through apple.

4. aljlin macrumors regular

It depends. I ordered my mbp on christmas day, and I got it on thursday the same week. 3 days. (no expedited shipping just regular shipping). I updated my hard drive, and that's pretty much it. They shipped it out around 1AM on the 26th. So I guess it really depends on what their availability says and the week.

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I got my MBP when it was first announced (it's a C2D Rev B) and with the 160gb upgrade it took about an additional week before it shipped.

6. crazyworld macrumors member

i got extra ram in mbp .. took about 10days to uk

7. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

8. thegrifman macrumors regular

I ordered my 15" MBP with a 2Gb ram upgrade and 160Gb hdd upgrade on Friday and it shipped Monday from Shanghai and I got it Wednesday. I was pretty impressed.