How long does it take to ship?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by applefb00, Sep 21, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

I am going to buy a MacBook in October(the day they release Leopard) and I wanted to know how long it would take for Apple to ship it. I've been reading threads about people saying that Apple ships their computers almost a month after they buy them. Or maybe it will be easier to go to the store? What are your thoughts?

2. macrumors 603

Look on the damn store website. It will say the shipping time.

3. macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

I ordered my MacBook on 9-7 and it shipped 9-11. I think the times you hear about slow shipping is when everyone is ordering (which may be the case on Leopard Day).

If you don't want to take the chance on slow shipping, I would recommend that you visit a store. For me, a store wasn't really an option as the nearest Apple Store is over 300+ miles away for me.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Poster 1: Actually if you look at the damn website, it doesn't say the shipping info. :)

Poster 2: Thanks for responding. I'm glad its not that slow, but I might as go to the Apple Store. It's just 20 miles away. :) Thank you again!

5. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

About 10 minutes but I usually linger a bit longer to get through the whole sports section.

Edit: Oh, ship. Never mind

6. macrumors 603

7. macrumors member

If you pick free shipping, it will probably be fedex ground. So once it ships, it all depends on where you live from the shipping warehouse. You're better off going to the store. When the macbook first came out back in may of 06, I just went to the apple store and they had them in stock.

I buy mac computers at the store. The only time I used apple.com was when I bought a refurb iphone. It took 1 day to ship, then another 5 business days to get to my doorstep.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie