How Long for a Battery Charge (and calibration?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Tominator, Feb 10, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi Gang,

Been doing the "brain transfer" for most of the weekend and I must say that I am really impressed with this thing.

I was wondering how long it is taking for everyone's battery to charge?

It seems that mine takes quite a while, maybe 5 or 6 hours, though the charge does last a long time, about the same I would guess.

Any info would be appreciated.

Also, is there a particular method to calibrate this battery. I haven't found anything on the Apple site yet?

Best,

Tom

2. macrumors 6502a

Let it drain out.

Also if you want to adjust your battery charging times. Takes me only a couple hours to charge the battery fully.

Do a SMU reset:

Shut down MBA
    Unplug power adapter
    Hold down left **** key, left control key, left option key and press the power button down once while holding down those keys
    Let go, start up MBA.

3. macrumors regular

If I got 5-6 hours out of a charge, I wouldn't be unhappy at all if it took that amount of time to charge.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, however, I'm not sure what the **** key is?

Tom

5. macrumors 68000

That would be the Shift key missing an F. :)

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

7. macrumors 68000

I am pretty sure it was a typo and he meant the left shift key and the typo was censored out by the forum software.

8. macrumors 6502a

I must have **** on my mind because its like the third time today I've posted **** instead of shift lol.

9. macrumors regular

dahcheet

Just for future reference and an FYI. The process described is called "COPS" named so because the first letters of all the buttons pressed spell COPS (Control, Option, Power, ShiFt). A number of other posts mention COPS without stating explicitly what it is and I had no idea what they were talking about.