How Long For Mini Delivery?!?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ricport, Feb 8, 2005.

1. ricport macrumors newbie

I bought a Mac Mini w/ a Superdrive on 1/25. In my confirmation e-mail from Apple, it states that it will be shipped on or before 2/24. I'd just like to know from any of you out there that have bought a Mini if it'll indeed take that long to ship, or are they sending them out sooner?

Thanks!

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i think if it say's that then you should call apple , but delivery is very poor at the moment i orderd a iPhoto book at then end of jan and i'm still waiting ! was hoping it would be here by the 14th for my mrs

3. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Apparently apple underestimated the success of the mini and didn't make nearly enough for the sudden craze of buyers. So I wouldn't be overly surprised if it takes as long as they're saying. You could always get lucky though.

4. kazmiekr macrumors newbie

I ordered my mac mini from macmall on Jan 15th.

1.42 ghz with superdrive.

Last I called, shipping date was Feb 18th.

Get in line :(

5. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

I know UK shipping times aren't necessarily relevant to you guys in the US, but I ordered a Mac mini for my neighbour on February 2nd, and it arrived with her on February 4th! We were quoted the standard 3-4 weeks delivery.

Needless to say, I was stunned, especially given that Apple UK are usually very slow in shipping new products.

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Apple always "underestimates" the demand. :rolleyes:

I, too, have ordered a Mac mini, a 1.42 w/Superdrive. I just got an email from Apple saying that shipping has been delayed to March 9. :mad:

7. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248

mine has been "on or before 1/3/05" since i ordered it over aweek ago

ive ordered a 1.42/80gb/512/airport/bluetooth/superdrive with wireless keyboard/mouse, some soundsticks and a 1gb shuffle, and i expect it will take as long as it says.

dont mind though as i expected a long wait all along.

bye

8. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Ouch...

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Mine is on the way :D FedX has it at their Shenzhen location. Maybe ill have it by Friday. Those pilots need to use them afterburners.

10. Calvinatir macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

I ordered my mini on Jan 25th as well. 1.42 with BT and AE. It was originally estimated at Feb 24th, and I got an email last night saying it will now be March 9th. GGRRRR

11. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

my delivery

I ordered mine on 1/24 and I recieved the email saying it would be March 8th about thursday of last week and then yesturday I checked my order status and it just left the fedex in sacramento, ca. On its way to my home. So I would try to be patient.

12. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

I ordered my mini 1.42 on the last day of januari. :)
    airport + bleutooth - as opposed to what i concluded in a 'what-to-buy' thread :rolleyes:

estimated shipping is on or before march 7th.
    I hope it won't take them longer :(

a mini :D

Cheers

13. iGary Guest

iGary

I'd like to be the FedEx rep for Apple. That dude has gotta be loaded. :p

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

""update" just checked and the 1.42 is suppose to be in Yahooville S.Carolina by noon on the 11th of this month. 2 more days. Fri - afternoon. that will be 10 days ahead of their original estimate for me getting it.

15. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Looks like things are at least headed in the right direction. I see that the wait times have dropped from 3-4 weeks down to 2-3 weeks for new orders on the Apple Store this morning.

16. willyhunt macrumors member

willyhunt

I ordered mine on the 5th February and its showing on or before March 7th. I really do hope though that Apple get it out before then, its not much fun using an old smashed up PC. :(

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

For me its a new OS since iam on XP & Jag, new ilife05 since i dont have gargeband or the newer updates, 2 Free games. The way i see it iam paying about $250 for a new machine that comes with a warranty,proven over and over top end G4 design :rolleyes: in a package smaller then anything out in the PC world without the constant viruses,updates and quircks. Plus look at how green it is. Max power usage is 85 watts that means ill be averaging about 40 watts. It would be easy for Apple to throw in a 64 bit video and then this is a world beater Bar none. Anyone tell im just a little excited. :)

18. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

sorry to tell ya guys but i got my mini on the 25th i believe and i've upgraded the memory to 512 i love it!

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

But have you upgraded the cpu? ;) 1.5, 1.6 ;)

20. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

no i wish, but i would never dare take a soldering iron to my mini! maybe if it was possible thru the software or something... but before this i had a 700mhz G3 iBook as my main computer. so the jump is quite nice, but with 256mb memory i didn't realize how you can barely use the computer with 256 i mean it should be against the law to come with 256mb for a mac..

21. Influx macrumors newbie

I am in Canada;

Ordered on 01/23/2005, to arrive on or before 02/22/2005.

1.25Ghz
    Extras were Airport and boosted RAM to 512MB

*waiting* :(

22. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Mac mini 1.42GHz with all the upgrades, ordered on Jan 13th, shipping on or before Feb 17th.

23. chan0429 macrumors newbie

Ordered 2/6/05 expect delivery 3/8/05....

Anyone else got a 1 month lead time?

Also how much of a difference do you think will I notice between the 1.25 and the 1.42 Ghz models?

I ordered with 512MB, SuperDrive and AirPort Extreme. I plan on using an External USB 2.0 HD w/ this as well.

24. Nomad macrumors newbie

I ordered my mini, 1.25/512/combo. and originally the guy at apple said it would ship on 2-15, i ordered on 2-4. then i get the email saying march 9.

so i called them, only slightly angry :mad: , i asked when my new ship date was, and the guy told me 3-3-05.

EDIT: cancelled with apple, and then ordered from microcenter. they have them instock as you read this. sure it costs a bit more, but im getting mine on tuesday. its a base model, but the ram is on its way too, and im headed to lowes hardware tomorrow to get sandpaper, and a putty knife.

:( :(

25. cubixcrayfish macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

MY MAC MINI IS SITTING IN ANCHORAGE, I ordered mine that saturday after the announcment, 512 MB RAM superdrive, Ship date of Feb 22nd