Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWillard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Staring at a Mac Screen
Just wondering about people's experience time-wise from ordering a powerbook until it was delivered... I ordered mine Monday (20th) with a few build to order options (bigger Hd, 128vRAM) and I know it pushes it back to "1-3 buisness days" for shipping... Anyone have a "ordered - into your hands" timeframe from personal experience? Thanks! :)

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
I ordered an iBook for my father last Monday. Arrived this Monday, so precisely seven days. We had stock except for the 60GB harddrive.

I ordered a 12" PowerBook through my university with extra RAM and larger harddrive and it arrived to them in three days. Granted, they are located right beside a huge Fedex facility.

Last summer, a friend of mine ordered a 12" iBook with larger harddrive (he lives in Boston) and it made it to him in 48 hours from the time of his order. China to Boston in 48 hours is impressive for any shipping service.

All depends on where you live and whether or not your order is processed before the close of the business day. A few other factors as well.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I've found most companies shipping is very random, how long it takes him to deliver other packages, weather conditions, etc. could effect your package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.