How long is the screen supposed to stay on with each notification?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bugeyeblue, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

Just started using my iphone 5 a few days ago, and it seems like the screen stays on for about twice as long as it used to with my 4s with iOS 6.

Also, is there any way to just disable the screen from coming on with each new notification, but to still display all new notifications in the lock screen?

2. macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I also have this problem.

I get a text or something and my phone seems to stay on forever. My 4S didn't do it and my 5 was restored from the same backup.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

Either you don't understand the question or you so and aren't giving enough information on how to do it. There's no setting to change how long the lock screen stays on with notifications, as far as I can see.

4. macrumors 65816

The screen will stay on for twice as long when you have assitive touch turned on. If you do not, it should be only about 10 secs.

5. macrumors member

If you turn on do not disturb,and "allow calls from everyone",it will not light up the screen and yet show all notifications when you click the home button,and plus it will also allow calls,so kind of works.

6. macrumors 6502

Thank you! That explains why it says on for so long. I have assistive touch enabled.

7. macrumors 65816

adam044

okay well how long is it staying on for? Could just seem longer but not actually be longer. You offer nothing backing up your claim

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

Awesome, thanks so much. I did have it on. It's off now, but I probably need to reboot for the delay change to take effect.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

You offer nothing either. Staying on for 13 seconds. So now can you answer the question?

10. macrumors 65816

adam044

I cant offer anything if I wasnt given enough info. Sounds like you fixed the problem!

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

But how long is it supposed to stay on?

12. macrumors 6502

numberforty1

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

I just get mad easy. It's the unnecessary crap people add to their responses that drive me to being bitchy.

14. macrumors 6502

numberforty1

I hear ya.
    Hope you resolve your issue. I have no idea how long the screen should stay lit...my guess is 10 seconds?

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

Bugeyeblue

Ya, thanks. I think that's right. I googled it and looked it up a few other places and couldn't get any answers so that's why I came here. It's crazy how crazy a question can be asked and it will almost always get answered. That's why I love forums.

16. macrumors 65816

adam044

Haven't timed it sorry.